• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What specifications do you need to run Pokemon GO on your phone for minimum RAM?

M

Member243850

:D

Guten tag!

What specs do you need to run Pokemon GO on an android device?

Can't seem to get it to work on my Huawei Y560 and I have read you need a minimum of 2gb of ram to run it but I have read many reports of people running it on device with only 1gb of ram :D

My phone has only 1 gb of ram but I have read many reports of it working on devices with only 1gb.

Would hacking my phone and making some virtual ram "trick" pokemon go into thinking my specs fit the bill?

Hmmm... don't really want to start modding now as she brands spanking new and don't want to trash it or potentially brick it... but if I gotta catch em all... decisions decisions xD

"blue pill... or the red pill...?" xD

Has anyone else had a device or system specification problem with Pokemon go on their device(s)? Or is it just me?

I dont think Pokemon go has officially launched in SA yet either so maybe it will come at a later stage perhaps?

Tried using the apk or side loading it but the install failed.

Hmm... what are the full specifications required? I am not going to start hacking if it has no chance in ever playing lol :)

My phone had about 781MB of RAM, I could load the game, but stability was bad. Many glitches, crashing when i click a gym, couldn't walk and be tracked, etc. 2GB is the ceiling for RAM for this game, having more than that won't really help, but having at least that will guarantee stability and allow you to perform all functions in game. less than that, the game will manage but drop features, until you reach a point where the game simply can't be held in memory (like at 781MB). I have a rooted phone, so i created a paging file and now enjoy 5GB of RAM, making pokemon an enjoyable experience.

Upvote 0
My old phone couldn't run it, the play store said it was an "incompatible device", I tried the apk but it wouldn't work on mine either. I had a new phone yesterday and it works on there, still 1GB of ram, specs pretty much the same except my new screen resolution is 720 x 1280 as opposed to my previous 540 x 960. Your phone has 480 x 854 (according to google).

Perhaps this is part of the problem.

Upvote 0
I got to say I don't get this whole Pokémon thing. Don't people have anything better to do than chase some cartoon character around?
It gets people outside and walking so I think it's pretty cool. I don't play it but my daughter does and she loves it. We even go for walks just to catch Pokémon. :)

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
I got to say I don't get this whole Pokémon thing. Don't people have anything better to do than chase some cartoon character around?

I suppose you can always simplify things, especially with games, and ask if people don't have anything better to do. You could ask if footballers don't have anything better to do than chase some ball around, if swimmers don't have anything better to do than splash about in the water, if chess players don't have anything better to do than move some lumps of wood about.

The fact is, any hobby can look pointless if you don't get it. The point, however, is that people enjoy themselves. Everyone has to have something they enjoy doing and sometimes you need a break to do that thing without judgement.

Pokémon, however, has got a lot of people out walking that I would rarely see outside of their bedroom.

Upvote 0
I suppose you can always simplify things, especially with games, and ask if people don't have anything better to do. You could ask if footballers don't have anything better to do than chase some ball around, if swimmers don't have anything better to do than splash about in the water, if chess players don't have anything better to do than move some lumps of wood about.

The fact is, any hobby can look pointless if you don't get it. The point, however, is that people enjoy themselves. Everyone has to have something they enjoy doing and sometimes you need a break to do that thing without judgement.

Pokémon, however, has got a lot of people out walking that I would rarely see outside of their bedroom.

Not judging at all. Just don't get the part about people walking off cliffs and into traffic playing the thing.
And my chess pieces are made out of pewter and crystal.

Upvote 0

Not judging at all. Just don't get the part about people walking off cliffs and into traffic playing the thing.

Hmm... Strange way to word that in your first post...

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0

...and there's walking into minefields as well.
_90450565_mediaitem90450564.jpg

....Pokemon Go in Bosnia.

It's not necessarily Pokemon Go, on the Hong Kong subway(MTR), they actually have to warn people not to be playing with their phones. On the escalators there's written notices and verbal messages, "Please hold the handrail, and do not look at mobile phone!" ...stupid people obsessed with Fartbook or whatever causing an unnecessary burden on the emergency rooms.

I just don't get why people get out of their cars when there's tigers around.
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/chilling-moment-when-tiger-pounces-on-tourist-731598403806
....and it wasn't for trying to catch Pokemon, we don't have it in China....yet.

...well I do get it... it's because people can be thick and stupid. :thumbsupdroid:

Last edited:
Reactions: sleedeane
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones