• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What standard rates?

Jwhyjim

Jun 12, 2015
I'm new, posted a question a few days ago. Thanks. I had an old Samsung and now up to Galaxy J3, which is enough for me for now. I had a few apps, mostly CNN, imdb and a few others. Now I want to install those apps but I get this msg:

Google will send a one-time text message to confirm that xxxxxxx is yours. Standard rates apply.

What is this about? Standard rates? Do I have to pay google something? Can't I just install apps like I did before, with no "standard rates." The wording is a little vague as well.

Exactly. Some cell plans have unlimited messaging, and some plans have a fixed number of messages included per month. Some actually count your texts sent and received, and charge you accordingly... and that's what this refers to. If you have a generous (or unlimited) text allowance, you can safely disregard this notification.

:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones