• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What tablet should i get?

I want to browse the web on it, light stuff like that.

I am willing to play around with it etc, so not expecting a windows PC out the box or anything

For Android tablets you have local vendors/stores in Britan for (cheapest and slowest to fastest and most expensive.. all 10" tablets)

ZT-180 - (Arm11 zt-180-infotm CPU, resistive touchscreen)
Archos 101 ( Arm Cortex A8 CPU, capacitive Touchscreen)
Advent Vega @ Dixson's + others(Tegra2 CPUs, capacitive Touchscreen)

For windows based tablets I haven't been keeping up but initially they were pretty fast with 1.6 GHz Atom running XP Tablet or Win7.... but ones I noticed had pretty high price points... but run windows software realiably right out of the box...

Upvote 0
Resistive and Capasative touch screens, whats the different?

It's kind of a sticky question :) Capacitive is always more expensize for same size... Resistive works on pressure, thus a pointy stylus can easily draw a very fine line... Capacitive works on sensing the contact of your finger, and was previously the only way to get 'Multi-Touch' ( but now new algorithms for multi touch resistive screens are beconing available)...

A google search on 'debate resistive vs. capacitive touchscreen' gets Many Hits...

debate resistive vs. capacitive touchscreen - Google Search

If you are really interested... can learn a bit from a number of them...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones