1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support What tha hell is wrong with GS2???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by polish_pat, Sep 20, 2011.

1. polish_pat

polish_pat Newbie
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    I come directly from the iPhone 4, stable phone, battery last a day and a half...got myself a GS2 last week, boy this phone is hard to keep stable. The Battery lasts maybe 12 hours, it does some freaky stuff. Like during the night, the screen stays on for no reason, then i close it, it turns back on 10 seconds later. This morning, its at 100%, i go take a shower, i come back, the phone is hot as hell, it doesnt want to turn on, i take out the battery and when i turn it back on, surprise, battery at 72%. WHY??? I love android but is it always so hard to keep a phone working correctly?

Advertisement

2. atmasters

atmasters Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 18, 2010
    Canada B.C.
    I dont have that going on with mine at all and it is very stable. And I had to go threw 2 Iphone4 Iphone is not that stable. Is your phone rooted ?

3. MattJessop

MattJessop Newbie
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Some people have had hardware issues that gave similar symptoms. I would take it back to the shop and sort it out.

I moved from iphone to S2 - it just isn't as smooth and quite as easy to use but it really is worth the effort, its a far better device once you get it set up

4. polish_pat

polish_pat Newbie
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Yes my phone is rooted because i am with rogers and they dont have GS2 yet but they will have the LTE model in a couple of days, so i bought a GS2 just to get used to it. Im on VillainROM 2.4.2 i think which people say is the best best rom because its stock but fixes most stock problem.

Anyways, Android is awesome, but if youre not a techy guy you might not have the same experience as the stock iOS who is pretty much newb friendly. iPhones are very stable, i've had them all from the original one to the 4, i loved my iphone experience but i was fed up with all the restrictions Apple give devs. thats why i switched.

I guess for my GS2 LTE i wont root it, this one i didnt have a choice to unlock it.

5. polish_pat

polish_pat Newbie
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Some werid again...everytime i call or pick, the phone is set to speakerphone by default...anybody knows how to disable it?

6. bloodyfinger

bloodyfinger Newbie
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    Check out the thread I just posted. It'll answer your questions about the overheating. It's the usb port.