1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What the bugs for 4.3 on a SIII?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by foga2098, Dec 13, 2013.

1. foga2098

foga2098 Lurker

I just want to know if it is worth to update my phone to 4.3. I
    Is it stabil like 4.1 or it has the same old bugs?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

I think it depends what carrier youre on mate :thumbup:

3. casarosa

casarosa Android Enthusiast

my partner updated to 4.3 last week she did have a few problems then did a factory reset which seemed to resolve things.....however this morning she received another software download of around 24Mb just wondering what this is for nothing looks different anyone else received one since ungrading to 4.3

4. foga2098

foga2098 Lurker

Well i received one too... but since you told thay there are no bugs I may update too :)

5. madmikess

madmikess Member

I got the VM s3, it pulled the 4.3 update pretty much right away, haven't really noticed any bad things about it yet, but I just came from a galaxy reverb which if vastly inferior.

6. foga2098

foga2098 Lurker

And its faster or is a slower on a 4.3 as on a 4.1?

7. foga2098

foga2098 Lurker

Casarosa what where those few mistakes?

8. casarosa

casarosa Android Enthusiast

She has not had the phone that long so does not play around with all the settings that much, however the main problem on 4.3 was the battery drain which a lot of people mentioned but once we did the factory reset it was a lot better she keeps her WiFi on all day to receive e-mails and said the battery life is a lot better but what this additional samsung download is for maybe it solves the bugs we will see how the phone performs over the coming days

9. foga2098

foga2098 Lurker

I really apriciate it mate. Have a wonderful night :)

10. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

I'm on Bell and I received the 4.3 update last month. I was using 4.1.2 before. Overall, I feel that the 4.3 update improved my phone. It is smoother and fixed a few annoying things from previous versions.

The only issues I encountered with the 4.3 update was with the update process itself. Some of the settings seemed to have changed. For instance, the LED flash goes on when my alarm goes off. I had to rejoin contacts. My album covers were all gone. I also had to uninstall and reinstall a few apps. It took some time to get these corrected, but once it was done, my phone ran really well.

My advice is to set asside a few hours just in case you ran into some of these issues. You'll need to spend some time fixing them if you run into these issues. I think I may be one of the unlucky ones who had some issues with the update process, but I have no issues with the update itself. In the end, I felt it was worth the time and effort.

foga2098 likes this.
  11. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

The small update is probably similar to the patch the UK phones got which should fix the bugs in the original update :thumbup:

foga2098 likes this.
  12. MrSimmonsSr

MrSimmonsSr Newbie

If you use FoxFi or PDANet for free tether, don't upgrade. The v4.3 upgrade disabled these types of free tethering apps on my AT&T Galaxy S3.. FYI

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk 4

13. MrSimmonsSr

MrSimmonsSr Newbie

For anyone wanting to get free wifi tethering back on their S3 after the 4.3 update, I can confirm that is mod works. Better yet, I can confirm that you can root, apply this mod, unroot, and still use Mobile Iron for work email, etc..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=48326067

Thoughts some might find this info handy.. You can see my trials and tribulations getting this setup, but now I have full, native hotspot support with no need for FoxFi!

Hope this is helpful!

MrSimmonsSr

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk 4

funkylogik likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews