• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What the Eris should have been

ChiTownJim

Android Expert
Jan 9, 2010
Denver
I love my Eris I've got it set up to work great and have had no regrets of buying it... Until a friend of mine got the Nexus One, I played with it for about 45minutes and man it is everythign the Eris should have been very snappy, beautiful screen and the cameras and flash are great , no need to even own a digital camera with an N1.. It works a lot like the eris but everythign about it is slightly faster and slightly more refined especially the touch feedback and screen feel.. Only thing was that the Tmobile network was noticable slower then Verizon web pages don't load anywhere near as fast as on my Eris...

Just wanted to give my feedback on that phone , really wish the eris was more like the N1 but the 2.x update will get some of what was great about that phone

Well along with those improvements come another $300+ dollar buy-in

im good...the nexus is nice, but too much $$$

It makes me think about the price difference and what you're paying for in the more expensive device: hundreds of dollars for a better camera and slightly larger screen? What else again?

Eris is fine. I had a Nexus One for a little while, can't be much more than an anecdotal report from me on it because I got tossed off of T-Mobile coverage so often that I returned the N1 just so I could get with Verizon which has excellent coverage where I live and work.

As it was, the software was buggy; it crashed/locked up often.. I couldn't believe what was happening after all the hype..

Eris is fine. More than fine. ;)

Upvote 0
Because of our family plan and the fact that my daughter was home for a brief time, and she really needed a phone upgrade as much as I did, it made sense for us to do the phone upgrades last month when she was home. After reading about the Nexus One, I'm a bit disappointed that it wasn't available on Verizon last month - I think it's a nicer phone. But, just a little; the Eris will be fine until it's time to upgrade again.

Upvote 0
Because of our family plan and the fact that my daughter was home for a brief time, and she really needed a phone upgrade as much as I did, it made sense for us to do the phone upgrades last month when she was home. After reading about the Nexus One, I'm a bit disappointed that it wasn't available on Verizon last month - I think it's a nicer phone. But, just a little; the Eris will be fine until it's time to upgrade again.

See this is more my point, it should have come out on verizon with the droid. It's definetly worth an extra $100 , considering it would probably be $199 with 2yr contract and the eris was $99 (I had a $50 credit which is why i paid $50 for it)
So if at the same time I could have spent $100 for the N1 I would have jumped all over it especially since I did buy the Droid first and was extrmely disapointed in it.

But hands down the Eris is by far the best phone I've owned at it was only $50 I paid $200 with an upgrade for my Dare so $50 for this is amazing

Upvote 0
I really like my Mitsubishi Eclipse, but it should have been a Porsche 911

This really is the best explanation. The Eris was never said to be the most amazing phone in existence and was unknown for a while because of all the Motorola Droid hype. Then people like me started looking for alternatives to the Motorola Droid for various reasons and happened to stumble across the Eris...which actually does almost everything the Moto Droid does, for way less money.

The fact that I can use nearly every app that the Moto Droid can, while enjoying a more comfortable form factor and more accurate screen for less money...it's just awesome!

Upvote 0
I love my Eris I've got it set up to work great and have had no regrets of buying it... Until a friend of mine got the Nexus One, I played with it for about 45minutes and man it is everythign the Eris should have been very snappy, beautiful screen and the cameras and flash are great , no need to even own a digital camera with an N1.. It works a lot like the eris but everythign about it is slightly faster and slightly more refined especially the touch feedback and screen feel.. Only thing was that the Tmobile network was noticable slower then Verizon web pages don't load anywhere near as fast as on my Eris...

Just wanted to give my feedback on that phone , really wish the eris was more like the N1 but the 2.x update will get some of what was great about that phone

There will always be something bigger and better. Like when i used to buy gameboys as a kid, everytime i got one a new one came out!!! Im happy with my eris however

Upvote 0
well, i know one things for certain...when its comes to verizon I WILL HAVE ONE! :)
its rumored to be there 3/23/09.
i will be upgrading my phone then (i upgraded my moms line to get my eris lol). so...its been nice...but by the beginning of april i will be in a new forum....matter fact...i think i need to get one started for the "Nexus 1 Verizon" thread :)

Upvote 0
well, i know one things for certain...when its comes to verizon I WILL HAVE ONE! :)
its rumored to be there 3/23/09.
i will be upgrading my phone then (i upgraded my moms line to get my eris lol). so...its been nice...but by the beginning of april i will be in a new forum....matter fact...i think i need to get one started for the "Nexus 1 Verizon" thread :)

I'm cool with my eris , I'm extrmely happy with it but this summer probably June or July I'll be upgrading , and sellin gthe eris to pay for part of the phone... I'm really bad about always having the best phone and this is the only thing I'm like that with when it comes to anything else electronic I'm fine with whatever gets the job done haha

Upvote 0
I'm cool with my eris , I'm extrmely happy with it but this summer probably June or July I'll be upgrading , and sellin gthe eris to pay for part of the phone... I'm really bad about always having the best phone

Well, it's folks like you who keep the market running smoothly and the economy on the rise.

Keep buying, my man, keep buying! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones