1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

What the h *** happened to battery life in this slide...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rrolff, Aug 5, 2010.

1. rrolff

rrolff Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    I've been a user (from an iPhone background) for 2 months...

Battery last a half day on my average usage - even shutting down WiFi and Bluetooth (in my usage scheme of things, this thing lasts around 60% what the iPhone 3G does (may be an overstatement).

I understand everything isn't perfect - but the iPhone (IMHO) has semi-poor battery performance. This thing is way under that...

I now must keep an extra charged battery with me - and make sure I have chargers in any car I'm in, and various home outlets.

I can't be the only one???

Do I have a faulty Slide (I don't think so).

If my Slide if semi-OK - I don't get having to run multiple batteries (or making sure you are *plugged in* often)...

????????????????

Advertisement

2. Tangent

Tangent Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    "Average usage" unfortunately is a meaningless term since everybody has a different idea of what that is, but for what it's worth my Slide will easily last all day. Unplugging at 6:30, and browsing/playing games for 3 hours or more throughout the day while leaving gps and wifi enabled will leave me with about a 35% charge or more by 9 pm. I disabled one of the notorious battery killers; the T Mobile sync since I don't use it. The update everybody should be getting in the next couple of weeks should fix that non-stop sync problem anyway though.

3. jimczyz

jimczyz Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Wait until you get the update to fix some of the bugs, it will fix the tmobile contact sync bug and will save battery life. I got it early this morning and have noticed a fairly big difference in my battery life through out the day so far.

4. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    NYC
    You should get 'Spare Parts' from the market and look at battery history. Switch the setting to partial wake usage, and anything that is more than 25% of the bar, you need to kill. For me, its usually the calendar.

5. jackie.simon08

jackie.simon08 New Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Yes I have this problem..they already sent me a new battery but still it sucks... having a task manager helps a lot from having the programs running in the background

6. jimczyz

jimczyz Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2008
    I never had a bad battery but since the OTA update last week, I get 2 days with light use on my Slide. Remember, I said light use.

7. penguin42

penguin42 Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Settings->Wireless & Networks->Mobile Networks->Enable always-on mobile data.

Turn this off. It significantly improved my battery life (lasts an entire day from getting up till going to bed with light-moderate use). This combined with turning off unnecessary syncs (including the t-mobile synch), setting other synchs to longer intervals, turning off wifi & bluetooth and setting screen brightness to auto.

This was before the OTA update. I haven't tested to see what kind of battery life I get now.