• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What The HECK Happened to my CONTACTS???!!!

Just flashed to cm-6.1.0-RC1-Liberty-signed (Froyo 2.2)

Somewhere in the process, I lost all of my contacts from the SIM card! How the heck does THAT happen?

Weird part is I use the Lookout backup feature, but the restore doesn't replace them either!

Anyone else having similar problems? Any suggestions other than manually adding my contacts 1 by 1 for hours on end?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Bob

Just flashed to cm-6.1.0-RC1-Liberty-signed (Froyo 2.2)

Somewhere in the process, I lost all of my contacts from the SIM card! How the heck does THAT happen?

Weird part is I use the Lookout backup feature, but the restore doesn't replace them either!

Anyone else having similar problems? Any suggestions other than manually adding my contacts 1 by 1 for hours on end?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Bob

Did you make a nandroid like all the tutorials say to do? Are you sure you lost your contacts from your sim? Is "display sim contacts" checked/unchecked?

Edit: I assume you already added your contacts again. To avoid this from happening again, you can export your contacts to your SD card or sync them through google

Upvote 0
Did you make a nandroid like all the tutorials say to do? Are you sure you lost your contacts from your sim? Is "display sim contacts" checked/unchecked?

Edit: I assume you already added your contacts again. To avoid this from happening again, you can export your contacts to your SD card or sync them through google

This was an old thread that has already been answered on another forum that the OP posted the same question on. With CM 6.x for the Aria, it cannot at this point read contacts from the SIM, that was his whole problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones