1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support What the hell?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Burned, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Burned

Burned Member
    None

Dec 21, 2010
    Male
    Computer Tech
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I went to update today and it failed with a error at the download point. I tried everything I could think of to get it to work. So after an hour of frustration I called LG phone support. I talked to 2 LG reps and both said there is no update, so I guess they have pulled it for a month.

Advertisement

2. funpig

funpig Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 29, 2010
    Lol. You can read my other posts regarding some of issues I have been experiencing. Telus directed me to LG and LG told me that my OS should not be 2.3 even though I updated from their site. LG told me to send the phone to a Telus centre for repairs. Having been down this road before I telephoned the telus best buy exchange and they are going to send me a refurbished phone by fedex. I asked if they could upgrade to 2.3 and test it before they send it to me.

3. Burned

Burned Member
    None

Dec 21, 2010
    Male
    Computer Tech
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Yeah what a ridiculous turn of events. Telus told me to talk to LG, LG denied there was an update, and told me to talk to Telus because they are the ones who are supposed to release the updates. Then the LG guy tried to tell me I can update the phone thru my Wi-Fi in the about phone menu.
    It all would of made more sense if LG updated their site and updated their tech support to indicate the update was pulled instead of denial.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad

4. karendar

karendar Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 22, 2010
    IT coordinator
    Montreal, QC
    Nevermind. They did pull the update. But it's available as a nandroid in the all things root forum. I guess there were too many issues. ;)

5. DC1022

DC1022 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    When is the update going to stable and out do you guys think. I'm pretty comfortable now as i just wanted the update for the keyboard, but i found swype alot nicer now. The black notification bar would be nice though.