• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What the #$%@ is up with my screen?

sbmgroove

Lurker
Apr 16, 2011
I am new to the Android world. Activated my Optimus V 2 weeks ago and after 1 day the screen started going blank. After the screen would time-out, the only way to get the screen back would be to pull the battery. The phone was still on because I could hear notifications of texts and emails and the lights would flash when pressed. Spent a few hours with LG and VM tech support, reset the phone, etc, etc, and no luck. Phone would lose the screen constantly. So I bought another phone (stupid me). Activated it today and the first time the screen timed out it locked. And the second time also. What the heck is going on? I am tech savvy and have read the posts here and see nothing like this. It can't happen on 2 phones. It isn't wifi related as this happens when I only have 3g coverage also. Help!

I have only had to pull the battery 5 times today! So I guess that is good. When this phone works it is great, but I don't know. It seems to lock up during downloads. Also hangs on soft power down occasionally. I'll give it a little while longer. I am a hardware guy and I always think I can make anything work. I will figure it out!

Upvote 0
The microSD card was the culprit. I had formatted it on my pc and thought this would be sufficient. On a whim, I unmounted the card, formatted it in the phone, remounted it, and the problem has disappeared. Now I really like my phone.:)

From what I've read, this is the #1 thing to upgrade on your phone... I haven't done it on my 4 day old phone yet.. but a lot of lockups / issues are caused by the cheapo cards that the phones come with stock...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones