1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What to do with Darky's Rom 9.2 Exteme Edition?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chileno4Live, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Chileno4Live

Chileno4Live Lurker

Hello guys :)

I am new to these forums, so Hi :D.

Some time ago, I tried to update my Galaxy S to Gingerbread via Samsung Kies. Because of that, I bricked my phone because after the update, my phone got stuck at the booting screen. I became very upset and stressed a lot! I heard about flashing roms before and I searched on the internet for possible roms I could flash on it. I learned about Recovery Mode, Download Mode and roms obviously. I did root my phone succesfully before all this stuff btw.

After a while, I found out the combination to go into Download Mode. If you guys were wondering how my telephone looked when I bricked it, it looked like this:
    http://droidfreeapps.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Samsung_Galaxy_S_Black_Screen_of_Death.jpg

Moving on, like I said, I could go to Download Mode, and tried to look for the stock Froyo rom since I was too scared to flash anything else on it. I already downloaded the Darky's Rom onto my computer though. I did not notice I flashed Darky's Rom on my mobile phone instead of the Froyo Stock Rom via Odin. Suprisingly, it fixed the whole issue, and my phone was unbricked.

Now I am using Darky's Rom for quite some time, and I noticed it made my phone extremely fast and the battery doesn't die so fast anymore. But what more can I do with it?

Advertisement

2. Shine.

Shine. Well-Known Member

That "brick" you had is know as a "soft brick", just for future refrence:D
    9.2 is quite old,Try updating to one of darkys gingerbread roms(10.X) or even 9.5! I use 9.5 and have no issues, updating to his 10.2 soon to see how I personally like it!

3. Chileno4Live

Chileno4Live Lurker

Well to be honest I'm too scared to update again XD. I am running Froyo 2.2.1 and I'm not quite sure how to do that.

4. kryzzay83

kryzzay83 Well-Known Member

Well I think once you have it you should just be happy that it works. You don't need to do anything else more with it. Download more Apps and enjoy!

5. Shine.

Shine. Well-Known Member

[v10.2] Final - what are you waiting for? | DarkyROM
    If you want to try darkys new rom! heres guide to go from (9.X) to his GB rom!:)Good luck with what ever you do!Dont be afraid to ask any questions!