1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

what to do??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rnj79, Aug 12, 2010.

1. rnj79

rnj79 Active Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Domestic Engineer to 2 kids and a hubby
    TX, USA
    I am almost to my 30 day mark and want to return my captivate. The wifi isn't steady. The battery has gotten a little better but still drains easily. The phone is very hot to the touch as I sit here typing this post. The buttons are also choppy. GPS works when it wants to and I cannot senf mms but can recieve mms.

I want to get a completely different model but don't know which one yet. With the problems I am having on this device, can I exchange it for another brand, model, etc withoutsales penalty since I am still in my 30 day period? What do I tell the sales reps?

I am rooted and removed all bloatware so I should load Odin before I take it back, right?

Advertisement

2. baddress

baddress Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Tell them it is defective, because it is. Of course AT&T has nothing better to choose from. So your options are limited.

rnj79 likes this.
  3. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    exchange it. Do what you feel is best for you!

rnj79 likes this.
  4. Chromag

Chromag Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Tell them what you told us. I'm not having any of the problems you described other than the GPS taking a minute or so to lock on. But I did exchange my launch-day Captivate for another one a week ago. My first one had a home button sticking problem. They had no problem exchanging it. They even asked if I wanted a different phone. I said no - but it didn't seem like a problem.

rnj79 likes this.
  5. u-mad

u-mad Member

Aug 11, 2010
    exchange it :). I was a noob and i didn't back up my at&t bloatware (odin didn't work either) so when I was about to return it I panicked thinking that Best Buy wouldn't take my phone back...they did :), they didn't check btw haha. I exchanged it for an iphone...it comes in this friday!! until then i have to use my motorola razr haha, great phone (sarcasm)

rnj79 likes this.