1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

What to DO!!

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by jamessheridan, Dec 9, 2011.

1. jamessheridan

jamessheridan Lurker
    None

Dec 9, 2011
    went with sprint, 24mo contract on 18th dec 2010, I am a self employed general contractor in northern california, contacting people and performing are my life. Almost from first day with hero, I had issues, was not redcieving messages, texts, internet connectivity, etc. called sprint in first 30days, after client chewed some of my butt for not responding to voice mail. well my phone would not ring for days, thought slow economy, then at odd time , like 3am, the phone would go crazy and suddenly I had 20 plus vms and more txts. OMG!! lost business and confidence. Sprint turned some switches, flashed some cash and said all was well, then in the interveining 22 months, I have been in hell, paying for the experience with sprint, in cash, and sprint is doing nothing to help. I get no calls, no voice mails, texts take hours to arrive, internet goes down, screen freezes, I have been in hell with this phone, now remember I am poor, contractor in very bad economy, so no extra money to go buy new phone, no one at sprint in first years of contract, suggested replacing phone, 20 months into contract, I was so tired and broke form this phone, that I down graded services and dropped the tep plan ($8)mo, sprint offed me a refurbished replacement phone as per tep terms, damn after giving $160 to sprint in tep fees, the best they could offer 20 months into a 24 month contract was a refurbished phone to carry me till end of contract. Hello Sprint Exec, your policy are killing your customer base. I declined and down graded plan from$99 base date plan to $69 base plan minus the tep, that some day the phone tanked big time, Now I will admit I suspect sprint can mess with our phones, so I call back that same day to sprint and was told that because I had dropped the tep from my plan, there was nothing sprint would do for me, mission accomplished sprint. I have struggled with my payments to sprint, not alone here, but I so catch up, but why, OH why, is Sprint so damn stupid, or maybe not. They know the hero has major issues, there own people have told me this. SO here I am 23 mo into a contract, no service, cash flow issues, and irronicaly even with service off, the phone still takes me an hour to extract a number from it, damn screen freezes. I pay good money, hard earned money to sprint for my phone, I have a pos phone which they know about, but if someone signed up with sprint a year ago, they have better phone for the same monthly fees as I pay, someone signing up with sprint today gets a better phone for the same fees I pay to have a pos hero to try and run my business and contact my family on. Sprint I cannot wait for the 17th of Jan 2012 to get here, cause your policy and management is more than I can endure. Your going to go out of business, I promise. I am by nature a humble man, but I have called as often as I can about issues with hero, to create a paper trail, hope some day to be part of class action suite against sprint.

Advertisement

2. dan330

dan330 Android Expert

Jan 22, 2010
    first.. sorry about your issues/ troubles

2nd..use paragraphs.. will help us read.

3rd...you should email Dan H. your issues and paper trail. they normally can step in and make things right.

4th.. welcome to AF

5th.. good luck

3. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    First as Dan330 mentioned, contact account services, not customer service, send a email to Dan Hesse direct, and have you thought about rooting your Hero, I had the Hero and once rooted the phone was amazing, I would read up in the rooted section in the Hero section and ask some questions there, that might be your best course of action for you know and no cost to you.

[​IMG] [​IMG] Sprint Hero - All Things Root

4. dan330

dan330 Android Expert

Jan 22, 2010
    yeah.. he be right..

I had the Hero.. sucked big time..
    but rooted.. it is a useable device.
    last I used it, i had android 2.2. not sure about 2.3 and how stable.

but I guess, that is Moot now.. that you are dead with sprint.

5. TwistedWrister

None

Jul 21, 2011
    wow, can't believe there were even Hero's still selling in Decembre 2010.

You had 30 days to exchange...shoulda been outa that thing from the beginning.

Why did you choose the Hero? Becuase it was free? Did you not check reviews?

Did you ever go into a Sprint service and repair location? Even without insurance they help you just the same. Hard resets and knowing how to actually use the device help. You can't load the hero with many apps at all, just can't handle it. Unless rooted I guess. It's for a few apps, calling, texting and web browsing.

You can't wait a month to finally upgrade??

Sprint can't just give phones away because someone doesn't like it. Even though it's not a great phone(just slow and limited memory). There's just a certain way to use it properly or root it to enhance it even better. There's policies and also time periods where you can change your mind. It also sounds like you are in a roaming area, just based off your issues that you are having (delayed texts/voicemails)but I could be wrong. You check your coverage?

Personally I would have exchanged in the 1st 30 days, after that you always had an option to get a used/new phone on ebay/craigslist/freind. Though spending more money on a phone sucks too. But there's likely someone willing to give you a decent amount for the Hero.

Class action lawsuit for what? I don't see any reason from what you posted that Sprint did anything wrong or illegal.

6. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands
    None

Mar 4, 2010
    operator
    upstate NY
    As soon as my primary line is out of contract, I'm done with sprint. I have full bars of 3g service at my house and I cannot watch a video. Ever. The speed is terrible. Coverage maps are shrinking, places where I previously had great service don't work, speeds are barely tolerable. As much as I love the price of my plan, I would much rather have a phone that works where I need it to when I need it to. I have defended sprint in the past, but no more.

I think at this point, unless something changes, sprint is a sinking ship which I am jumping from. Luckily I can jump on my sister's VZW family plan and actually will end up paying less than I do with sprint. And have 4g.

7. DonB

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    Be careful about Verizon, they have there issues also, I have had all carriers and they all have there issues, I have my father in law that was with ATT and then he heard good things about Verizon, he switched and 7 out of 10 calls when he calls me from New York, I can't hear one word he say's, I guess what you will need to do is find out who's coverage is the best for your area. It was like when I was on T Mobile, and then I would go to the west coast Florida and while driving to the west coast, the whole hour and 15 minute drive I could not make one call on T Mobile, no service at all, my Sprint gives me 3 to 4 bars during that same drive.

8. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2010
    Wall of text crits for 1,000

9. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands
    None

Mar 4, 2010
    operator
    upstate NY
    DonB -
    Verizon's service is by far the most comprehensive in my area. There is no question. I travel a ton for work, and coworkers with Verizon never have issues like I do with service. The only thing that was holding me back was the price, but what good is a cheap plan of it is unusable?

Like I said, sprint's coverage map is shrinking in my area, their speeds are atrocious. I have never been to an area where there is wimax service. Verizon is gaining a ton of 4g ground in my area right now. I always dealt with the mediocre service in the name of saving a few bucks. I won't anymore.

10. DonB

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    Well seems like you did your homework and hope it works out, and like AI said it is to each his own, I have many friends on Verizon that have the same issues as you are having with Sprint, so if Verizon is strong in your area then I agree. I have Sprint and for where I live here is South Florida I have not had any issues, but agreed what good is a phone if you can't use it. ;)

Citizen Coyote and CarrieK like this.
  11. jus1moriswear

jus1moriswear Member
    None

Apr 20, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    James
    Same here, poor contractor in Oregon with hero -
    well actually, I just got lucky and some kid on Craigslist wanted to trade his EVO for Hero-
    I didn't ask why just jumped on trade-have you tried rooting your hero, as some others have suggested ?
    It made a huge difference in quality of life for that phone
    Also for voicemail I highly recommend youmail its free, allows infinite customization of messages and the part I like I can also access all my voicemail on PC so no more groups of 20 missed voicemail -5 days later