1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

What to look for in used galaxy s3

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by saguaro_48, Jan 18, 2013.

1. saguaro_48

saguaro_48 Lurker
    None

Jan 23, 2011
    Male
    Retired NYC HS Teacher
    Casa Grande AZ
    I hope to keep my existing Verizon contract but replace my current phone to take advantage of the 4G LTE service now available in my area. In looking at craigslist resales I see the statement "clean ESN for Verizon." Can you explain what that means, and is there anything to watch for in purchasing a used phone? In particular, how do I know that it will work on the Verizon network. Finally, if I decide to sell my existing Droid X, how do I "wipe it" so that data/info etc. is no longer on the phone.
    Thanks for your help.

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    esn means electronic serial number. it is tied to your account when you get the phone activated. if you get a phone that has a bad esn that means that the previous owner either lost the phone or has not paid or settled his/her bill with the carrier. this is why it is important to alway make sure that you get one that is clean otherwise in order for you to activate the phone you will need to settle up with the carrier.

verizon has the s3 so getting it activated should be no problem.

not sure on a droid x, never had a motorolla phone so i can't help you as far as doing a factory reset. usually you can go to the bootloader and do one from there. but i have no idea how to do it on your phone. hopefully others here can help you with that.

saguaro_48 likes this.