• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What to try when the 4g goes down to get on 3g

zedster

Android Enthusiast
Nov 21, 2011
DC
Guys and Gals,
I see reports that the VZ network maybe having issues againHow is Your 4G LTE Connection Doing Today? – Droid Life and wanted to point out a possible work around to get the SGN from 4g to 3g. The issue right now is VZ network side, the signal for 4g is strong and out there but the phone cannot authenticate. I found that if you use a task killer app and kill the SIM card BIP service (thus forcing the 4g to break) the phone will go to 3g without a problem. I assume the BIP service restarts but since it has a 3g assignment on the network and cannot get a 4g assignment it sticks to 3g.

Obviously you cannot test this unless there is an outage again but it could be something to try next time it happens

Reactions: jbdan

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones