1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support What to use to root galaxy s6

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Kaleo_Lani, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Kaleo_Lani

Kaleo_Lani Lurker
    None

Apr 3, 2016
    Female
    just wondering what to use to root my t-mobile galaxy s6. there are soo many threads its hard to navigate through soo much info. any help is greatly appreciated

Advertisement

2. James L

James L Android Expert

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Owner root-android-easy.com
    Peoria Il
    You would need to post the android version and the last three of the build number to get pointed in the right direction.
    I have the answer off the top of my head but it's better to be safe then sorry.

Jfalls63 likes this.
  3. Kaleo_Lani

Kaleo_Lani Lurker
    None

Apr 3, 2016
    Female
    Thank you James,
    well that just shows how "tech inclined" I am lol. so the version is 5.1.1 & last three of build looks like 0JC. at least I knew to go to "about device" for that info so yay me on that at least lol. so any help or suggestions are appreciated :)

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Is there any reason WHY you want to root? Be aware that root gives you full permissions over your phone, and you're being less tech inclined than the average regular in tech forums like this may cause you to inadvertently break something in the phone. Maybe we can help you solve the issue without resorting to root.

svim likes this.
  5. James L

James L Android Expert

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Owner root-android-easy.com
    Peoria Il
    I'll wait for your reply to Chanchan05 before i reply.

6. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    A good place for rooting info (besides here on AndroidForums) is the reputable xda-developers.com site. There's a nice Youtube link on this S6/S6 Edge rooting page that you should watch:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmo...ow-to-root-samsung-galaxy-s6-s6-edge-t3073640

If you do opt to root your S6, be sure that all your personal data is backed up. It's important to make this just a part of regular day to day usage anyway, and even more so when you're rooting your phone. Also take note of all the little details. Different ROMS are specific to each model of phone, there's very little mix and matching. When you're doing the actual rooting process, don't rush, don't skip any steps, don't take any perceived shortcuts. A lot of people rush things and end up bricking their phones, if you take your time and follow through each step one at a time you'll be fine.

7. LDP Galaxy

LDP Galaxy Lurker
    None

Jul 27, 2016
    Female
    Is there a way to find someone to pay to root a Galaxy S6 Edge remotely? I need to temporarily root it I guess because I accidentally deleted a ton of photos that were not backed up and I guess they can still be found since they haven't yet been overwritten. I have tried softwares, but each one says I have to manually root it before going forward with this specific phone. And Kingoroot one click app did not work and I have a MAC, not a PC, so I cannot use their more successful PC version.

8. LDP Galaxy

LDP Galaxy Lurker
    None

Jul 27, 2016
    Female
    Is there a way to find someone to pay to root a Galaxy S6 Edge remotely? I need to temporarily root it I guess because I accidentally deleted a ton of photos that were not backed up and I guess they can still be found since they haven't yet been overwritten. I have tried softwares, but each one says I have to manually root it before going forward with this specific phone. And Kingoroot one click app did not work and I have a MAC, not a PC, so I cannot use their more successful PC version.