1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What torrent do you recommend ?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Masticate, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Masticate

Masticate Lurker

Hello.
    I would like to know what torrent do you use and why ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. vosg

vosg Android Expert

None because I only use legal software.

3. Masticate

Masticate Lurker

oh in my country its ''legal'' to have it heh Thank you for you straight answer :)

4. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

I use the Ubuntu torrents to download the latest Linux distribution... And would definitely recommend them

bcrichster likes this.
  5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Moderator note: Torrents and talk of them are OK as there are many legitimate and legal uses.

svim, tube517, codesplice and 2 others like this.
  6. svim

svim Extreme Android User

There's nothing illegal about BitTorrent, torrent applications are free and legal to use. The problem is the general public holds to a misguided perception that it's only used by those who use it to illegally share copyright-protected content. But in the real world, it's just a peer-to-peer file sharing technology. As an example, if you're a developer and you want to distribute your product you have the option to maintain and fund your own server with it's corresponding costs (upload bandwidth isn't free), or use a online file server service (also not free), or buffer your costs by relying on torrenting.

7. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

I personally use uTorrent, it does the job quite nicely

Masticate likes this.
  8. Masticate

Masticate Lurker

Well i use uTorrent on pc but i wana know for phone's ?
    it was my bad not asking for phones specifically WOOPS

9. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

I use uTorrent on BOTH the PC & phone [emoji41]

10. Father Guido

Father Guido Android Enthusiast

Unsure if Transmission is available for a phone, but I use it in both Windows and Linux. Small footprint and works well. I just make sure to enable my VPN prior to use.

11. Revenant Ghost

Revenant Ghost Android Expert

tTorrent works pretty well on my phone.

12. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

I personally will not touch any version of Torrent, I don't trust allowing my PC to talk to numerous PCs anywhere in the world, and possibly receiving a hacker's finger on my pc.

I want to know the validity of the website that I download from.

13. svim

svim Extreme Android User

And yet that's the fundamental way any computer or mobile device gets connected to anything online. Every time you browse any web site, you're essentially just networking your computer to another computer over the Internet (typically multiple computers as most web pages consist of text, images, and cruft from several different servers in various locations).

14. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Absolutely available, I just use WiFi to reduce data consumption.

Father Guido likes this.
  15. Flablitz

Flablitz Android Enthusiast

I use AndFTP and paid Seedbox/server with ruTorrent installed on it. Reason it is the best is because you do not use data seeding back and you also get max speeds download.

16. Grrrrrrrrr

Grrrrrrrrr Newbie

My VPN provider supplies me with a custom version of uTorrent.

17. Grrrrrrrrr

Grrrrrrrrr Newbie

Wow, just wow. AZgl1500, find a little program called "Tcpview". You can get it alone or in the "Sysinternals Suite" which was written by current Microsoft Employees.

Just loading this page from an "about:blank" page in your browser makes about 40-50 separate internet connections. That falls off to about 10-15 connections as you sit on the page.

18. Father Guido

Father Guido Android Enthusiast

Yeah, but your in Windows. Inherently insecure.

19. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

I think the point being made is that any connected device, regardless of platform, will have multiple connections open, many of which are perfectly legitimate but are not immediately obvious to the end user.

In any case, it's not really pertinent to the OP's question so let's keep this thread on-topic. ;)

bcrichster, codesplice and svim like this.
  20. Masticate

Masticate Lurker

Thank you all for answers I really didn't expect that much and I appraised it! Since my last post I have downloaded Nova torrent downloader. I've been using it a lot and I mean a lot. I downloaded about 200 music and its working fine for now. And what I really like is inbuilt search engine. Any other of you use this torrent?

21. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

I use Bitcom.. been using it for a long time.

what sites do u guys use most?

22. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Friendly (and obligatory) reminder: Let's be careful to steer clear of suggesting sites hosting torrents of pirated/copyrighted material please. :thumbsupdroid:

psionandy and Unforgiven like this.
  23. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

I never used torrent on my android devices but for my computer I use qbittorrent. I've been using it for years to help share all those wonderful nudes of ME :D

24. Stiles Joram

Stiles Joram Lurker

I'm a mac user too, and I've tried both µTorrent and Bittorrent, i can tell you that when using Bittorrent, it won't let me select the files from the torrent that i wish to download. And, is slower to run, takes more space, and the connection to the torrents are apparently slower. Hope this helps.

25. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I use Transmission on a Mac, and Linux sometimes, and it's very satisfactory. Very light, can select individual files from a torrent, suspends and resumes torrent downloads OK, etc.