• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What type of sound chip does the galaxy prevail have?

According to some thread I found on XDA about Samsung Phones , The speakers are supposed to be by "CRAIG" which is a cheaper Android Tablet/Speaker/Earbud/Headphone/Android Laptop company for small budgets.

(I remember I bought a Tablet from CRAIG for $100. It had Android 4.0 , A 3,400 MAH battery , USB Host , HDMI , 1.3 Single Core Processor which was kinda fast , 1GB of RAM , and 4GB of internal storage , But it didnt want to charge after like 1 month and it had no warrarty , So it was a waste but it was epic and youtube ran on it like no tomorrow...)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
4. They don't even mention the Qualcomm Adreno 200 GPU or the version of GPU which is "OpenGL ES-CM 1.1"

Now that's underestimating the Prevail. The Adreno 200 can do OpenGL-ES 2.0, due to its hardware Pixel and Vertex Shaders. IIRC, it was the first Adreno chip to have shaders.

what does voodoo sound do?

From what I can tell, Voodoo sound is related to a bunch of hardware/software tweaks for Yamaha DACs found in Samsung's Exynos chipsets. I'm not sure if Voodoo sound will work on the Prevail, as the Prevail uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 chipset. Of course, I'd be happy to be corrected on this, as Yamaha makes some truely cool hardware.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones