• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What type of Videos?

tproctor

Feb 18, 2010
Pampa, Tx
What type of videos will the Eris play? MP4, Mpeg4... I tried putting both on my phone and neither would play with the stock app. One had sound with no picture, the other had a picture that just stuck. I'm trying to put a movie on my phone so that I'll have something to do when I'm travelling.

What type of videos will the Eris play? MP4, Mpeg4... I tried putting both on my phone and neither would play with the stock app. One had sound with no picture, the other had a picture that just stuck. I'm trying to put a movie on my phone so that I'll have something to do when I'm travelling.

-MPEG-4
-H.263
-H.264
-WMV (Although I have tried to play WMV with Act1 Video Player and gotten a message that the phone does not support that type of media player)

As for the others, try Act 1 and see if it plays them.

That is the extent of what I can tell you, maybe some of the video gurus will be able to elaborate more! :eek:

Upvote 0
Download Handbrake. Probably one of the best free video encoders out there. Select the source video. Then the preset for the iPhone/iPod Touch. Then press start and let the video encode. Has worked flawlessly on Animal House and Pink Floyd: The Wall. They both came out to be about 550 MB, which is about right for a full length movie.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones