• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What U want in a custom rom

CaptJager

Android Enthusiast
Mar 12, 2010
Northwest, WI
I know that this phone is not released but as this is the phone I am planing to get as an WM Rom creater I am wondering what would you like to have in a custom rom for this phone. If the stats are correct then it will not be a size issue altho my belief is that the less amount to serch is the faster OS. So my question is what would you want in a custom rom...?

As for me I want smalest footprint that I cna have, plus the things that I find apealing....just one keyboard as I might have one rom with the swipe and one without but if your going to have the swipe why have the regular right...and if you do not like swipe or the regular keyboard why not chose what u like. this is the info I am looking for.... keyboard, backgrounds, icons, preinstalled software....

Upvote 0
By WM Rom creater I hope you don't mean Windows Mobile. 6.5 is basically an OS on deathwatch.

For an android rom:

1. Install apps to the 8gb build in memory with app2sd if this isn't part of the phone.

2. More media format support. divx, xvid, flash etc if possible.

3. Getting rid of default apps like the calculator (which sucks) and have free alternatives available.

Upvote 0
In an Android ROM, I would appreciate:

Mobile Defense in the ROM. I know if any computer literate person steals my phone, the first thing they will do after seeing it is a smartphone is try to disable programs like this.

Wifi Tethering/WiFi hotspot capable

That is really it. I personally like sense for the most part.

-Nkk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones