• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help what uses the 8g internal memory

The phone has 1GB of internal memory in one section, 8GB in another, they aren't the same. Both the 1GB and the 8GB sections show less than that because of formatted capacity. Apps you install for now go only onto that 1GB partition. Use the 8GB for stuff like music and photos.

Upvote 0
The phone has 1GB of internal memory in one section, 8GB in another, they aren't the same. Both the 1GB and the 8GB sections show less than that because of formatted capacity. Apps you install for now go only onto that 1GB partition. Use the 8GB for stuff like music and photos.

Look at your storage menu. Internal phone storage is 6.6GB and phone memory (apps) is 748MB. Add them up, account for formatting and conversion from manufacturer rating to actual data, and that's the 8GB. App memory is pulled from the 8GB.

Upvote 0
Yeah nothing uses it, which is why they started giving away 2 gig sd cards. So it basically pointless.

I did find I could store music on it and the player would find it. But the Divx player has to have files on the sd card to find them and I have two file managers that can't even access it (unless I just don't know the correct name.) hmmm what a weird waste of storage. If I had known it was worthless I would have bought a bigger SD card:p

Upvote 0
I did find I could store music on it and the player would find it. But the Divx player has to have files on the sd card to find them and I have two file managers that can't even access it (unless I just don't know the correct name.) hmmm what a weird waste of storage. If I had known it was worthless I would have bought a bigger SD card:p

I use Astro File Manager and it can see it just fine. It shows up as a folder named "emmc".

Upvote 0
I use Astro File Manager and it can see it just fine. It shows up as a folder named "emmc".

Thanks I was wondering if I just didn't know the name. I looked through most of the directory but I didn't think a folder called emmc sounded like storage. I was looking for phone storage, storage, sd card 2 stuff like that.....silly me:rolleyes:

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones