• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Verizon told me about the wifi notification...

TRaGiK

Oct 14, 2010
I've received two phone calls, and one email from Verizon about the wifi notification issue on the S3. Here's the email they sent me...

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless. We greatly value your business and we are committed to provide you the best customer service possible. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties that you have been experiencing with the WIFI notify me option of your device. I did research this issue, and it appears that multiple customers have the same features absent on their device. This has been reported to the manufacturer who will research the issue. if the option will be made available, it will be provided via an over the air software update to correct it. At this time, there is no time line, or information regarding when such update will be made available. You do however have the option to return the device while you are still within your worry free grantee period.

The first phone call I received from them, the lady acted like I was the first person to make the complaint on the S3, and said she found the same issue on the HTC Incredible 4g. Otherwise, she told me basically the same thing as above. She also put emphasis (nicely) on the fact that I could return the phone (and lose my unlimited? I think not).

The second phone call went to voice mail, and he said almost word for word what the above email says.

Why they needed to call me twice, and email me, I don't know...but they act like they're trying to "fix" it.

Reactions: treb1797

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones