• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What version of the Android Market do you have?

D

Deleted User

As the title says really, what version of the android market is installed on your desire?, at the moment i have 1.82 with firmware 2.2 (2.10.405.2), but there is a new version of 2.07, you will find links below on the announcment of the new 2.07 version and also how to to manually update to 2.07.

Android Developers Blog: Android Market New Country Roll-out Details

Updating Android Market - Android Market Help

The strange thing is, the only way for me to get this update is to re-flash the phone with the RUU WWE 2.10.405.2 file, but as soon as i do a factory reset the market will no longer update to the new version, strange to say the least.

Could everyone please list the country, firmware and market version, this may help to find a reason for this strangeness.

Thanks!

the market is only available for certain countries to fix the payment issues

This is the reason i asked the question, i had 2.07, but after a factory reset i had 1.82, please read below.

I guess the OP didn't actually read any of the links he pasted into his post.
:rolleyes:

I read the links thoroughly, but if you read my first post again you will find that the market was updated from 1.82 > 2.07 immediately after using the RUU WWE update file, the RUU file has 1.82 as the default market, but following a factory reset it no longer gets updated to 2.07, if i re-install the RUU it again gets the update to 2.07, then a factory reset...you get the point.

Also, some that have posted in this thead have 2.07 and are in the UK, as i am.

Upvote 0
I'm on 1.82 but on a custom rom. I didn't know about the new version, but have asked the dev about it. I guess it only auto updates in one of those countries, but I want to update whilst not in one of those countries.

This is what's confusing me, it's strange how the market gets updated from 1.82 > 2.07 when i launch the market for the first time strait after using the RUU, do a factory reset and it won't update, i know it's aimed at other countries but this is confusing to say the least for the above reasons.

Could you please let us know what the dev says.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones