1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What was the first metro pcs phone?

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by LgOptimusM, Dec 29, 2012.

1. LgOptimusM

LgOptimusM Guest

It got me wondering..

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Diego1593

Diego1593 Android Enthusiast

I think it was a small nokia phone because my mom got metro when it came out here it had a led flash on the very top for power button

3. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Are you wondering what the first Metro phone was, period? Or Metro's first Android phone?

4. twogbsd

twogbsd Android Expert

The first Android was the Optimus M or the Huawei M835. How ever, the first ever Metro phone was the PCD CDM-8900.

5. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

1st android was the Optimus M, 1st 4G was the Craft, 1st 4G android was the Indulge don't know 1st overall CDMA though guess it's the one 2gig posted

6. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Actually wouldnt be that one metro started in 2001 that phone was released 2003 I don't think they would go 2 years without a phone available

7. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

According to here, Metro started in '94 as General Wireless, Inc.

Edit: 'Course, it also shows that the Name was changed to MetroPCS in 2001.

8. LgOptimusM

LgOptimusM Guest

First metro phone.

9. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

Yeah 2001. I remember wanting to use it so bad because it was so freaking cheap and back then minutes and messages was the only thing that mattered and it was unlimited across the board. But the service was only for metro Atlanta and I was 1 County below the cutoff even though Im in Metro Atlanta. 6 years later they finally make it down to me and I jumped ship so fast I didn't have time to grab a life jacket. Stayed with them until this year. I loved everything Metro had to offer me but times change and interests change and I decided I wanted to choose my own phone and I wanted faster data speeds.

Regardless what anyone says, Metro PCS has been a great company and has always offered great prices. Hopefully they will step up their data speeds and start offering real world LTE speeds instead of choking it off. If they do this, they will greatly increase their presence in the mobile community. Hopefully one day being that they combined with T mobile, they will also add a BYOD program. Could you imagine? BYOD on Metro PCS paying $50 a month all the while getting REAL world LTE speeds. You'd be dumb NOT to sign up with them.

10. robertkoa

robertkoa Android Enthusiast

Yeah in Miami the first I remember was a little gray Kyocera .

Used to drop a LOT of calls- I remember using a long piece of antenna wire clipped to the phone antenna and the drapery rods to prevent this inside my apt. on important calls.

This was maybe 2000 or 2001 ....

11. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

So if you come back right when they do that ^^ call me an optimist but if everything goes as planned i see you coming back mid-late 2013

12. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

im pretty sure the huewii came out before the optimus. but i believe they released another version (a skinned version or something) of the huewii after the optimus

13. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

twogbsd, alfick3 and h4x0rj3ff like this.
  14. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

15. Gr33n

Gr33n Newbie

I believe the Motorola VE440 was my first phone with MetroPCS.
    Mp3 player + it was the best looking phone they had at the time.

16. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

You bet ;)

17. 0ptimusV

0ptimusV Newbie

My first metro phone was the Nokia with the LED in the power button.

18. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

Same for me but for T-Mobile instead :p

19. nailzer

nailzer Android Enthusiast

Motorola Razr. I had it 3 years.

20. RedStorm2k12

RedStorm2k12 Newbie

First phone was the LG Optimus M which I recently replaced with the ZTE Avid 4G.

21. MikeEthio

MikeEthio Well-Known Member

My first phones - Motorola Cingular, blackberry at&t and LG esteem metro I change it sgs3.

22. Joshuah22a

Joshuah22a Android Enthusiast

I still have the nokia with the white led on the top! Lol i hoard all my phones..my fav one was the nokia 6265i i remember feelingnlike i was such a boss because that was like THE phone to have because of all of the customization you could do.

23. MrRoyalOak

MrRoyalOak Newbie

Ahhhhh, memory lane threads. Been with MetroPCS for 8 years now. My 1st device was the Audiovox 8910.

24. THE W

THE W Android Expert

kyocera domino