1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General What was updating?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kraftwerk, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 3, 2013
    UK
    Downloaded and installed 'Blacklist plus' by Vlad Lee
    uninstalled 'Calls Blacklist', also by Vlad Lee

Don't know if the above caused the update?

While uninstalling I noticed in the 'notifications' that something was downloading.
    I said something along the line of: english language uk update.

I would like to know exactly for what app (or if it was part of Android OS) that this update was for.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Sounds like a language pack update for either a keyboard app or GOOGLE TRANSLATE.

Sounds like your not a fan of automatic updates,of which I am not either, FWIW.I'd check each app & system option for such auto options & turn them off.

You'll still get the updates,but,you'll be prompted to accept or just ignore/reject if you should choose to do so.

Kraftwerk and Thom like this.
  3. Kraftwerk

None

Jun 3, 2013
    UK
    Just checked my settings: But I have 'Do not autoupdate apps' set?
    They can't update automatically, so how come I still had an automatic update?

I did have an app (gallery drive sync) which had 'display push notification ads' - could this have caused the download?
    I have now uninstalled this free app.

When there is an update is it possible to show the date and time of these updates?

4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    I'd still check the in-app settings for update options,for troubleshooting purposes.

Even if you have the GOOGLE PLAY STORE set to not allow for auto-update,some apps,especially if you side-loaded apps from outside the GOOGLE PLAY STORE,may have their own update option.

Also,check your system options (MENU > SETTINGS > ABOUT PHONE).There may be option(s) for system auto updates.

5. Kraftwerk

None

Jun 3, 2013
    UK
    'Moto Care' is enabled.
    The update could have happened because of this.
    But I don't know what would be updated through 'Moto Care'

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen)

The first generation Moto G was the released in November of 2013. The phone was the first in Motorola's new mid-range line that targeted the sweet spot between specs and pricing. It originally built for emerging markets, but also saw success as a low-priced Android phone option in other parts of the world. The Moto G 1st Gen features Features 4.5-inch LCD display, Snapdragon 400 processor, 16GB storage, 1GB RAM. 5MP rear/1.3MP front facing cameras, and a removable 2,070 mAh battery.