• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What was your first handheld device?

lvt

Android Expert
Jan 30, 2013
Paris <--> Taipei
psion3a_dkw.jpg

Back in the 90s I bought the Psion 3a (256KB of RAM) as my first real handheld device, I used to have a couple of Casio electronic organizers but this was the true pocket computer that I had before the PDA era.

Wiki link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psion_Series_3

What was yours?

Why didn't you buy it?

The Serie 5 have real mechanical keyboard, just like a notebook. I like the Serie 5 but I can't justify the spending on it at that time.
An interesting question. Originally because the Palm was small enough to carry in my pocket (I held off those until the V came out), whereas the 5 wasn't really. Later because I already had the Palm and wasn't sure I needed a second device. But the Psion 5 was the smallest device that had a keyboard I could bear to use, so was frequently tempting.

Upvote 0
Did you ever get a sissybar @Clementine_3?
The one I had before this one was metallic purple but had no shifter, that had a sissy bar that I added. It got stolen right out of the driveway! Now that I'm thinking about it, I think the one I pictured was my older sister's and I got it after the purple one. She hardly ever rode it so it was 'like new' when I got it. So I was extra cool X's 2!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones