1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What was your first job?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by hbk4894, Aug 30, 2014.

1. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire

When I was 8, I had a friend whose father owned a pizzeria. We would hand out fliers for the pizzeria and he would pay us $25/day + feed us. It was great.

2. mrsmumbles

mrsmumbles Android Enthusiast

If we can go back to childhood then my first job was doing something with strips of vinyl in my uncle's car parts factory. We'd get lunch at the deli next door or something and probably a dollar or two. Then there was babysitting and household chores. All I wanted to do back then was be older. Now I just want to be younger.

3. olbriar

olbriar  

When I delivered flyers, I got paid a penny a house. It would take a while to deliver 2500 flyers considering they had to be fastened to each door with a rubber band. Sheesh.. and pizza... Man I was getting ripped.

Sort of reminds me of another of my scathingly brilliant money making ideas. When I was in middle school I sold custom engraved Christmas cards. They were a tad expensive but nothing says it better than "Merry Christmas from the your name here family". I walked the entire town selling the cards... placed the order with the company... and received the cards to deliver the first week of January. :eek: Talk about some irate customers.
    I had to give half of them their money back which was more than my profit margin. I had sold cards to my gym teacher. I didn't have to give his money back but I had to run laps every day in gym the rest of the year.

Gmash likes this.
  4. huh

huh Android Expert

When I was a little kid.. Maybe 8 or so .. I would put on plays in my back yard and charge the neighbors admission!

5. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Worked a summer job with Action for Boston Community Development as a weed puller/vacant lot cleaner. But my first non-government subsidized job was a a ticket taker/usher with the Sacks Cinema chain. If you saw "Tommy" at the Pi Alley that was me tearing your ticket on opening night.

6. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

lol I set them up for success so well. all the cold stuff together, all the boxed items together, ...they still want to put a jar of pickles in the same bag as a bag of chips.....

7. mrsmumbles

Anyone who ever bagged my groceries must have hated me.

8. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

lol are you one of those people that just throws all your stuff on the belt? lol :smokingsomb:

9. huh

huh Android Expert

Wait you're not supposed to do that? I'm a mess when I shop.. I tune out as much as possible bump into people withy cart.. Leave it in the middle of the aisle while I ADD it in another section.. By the time I'm finished I'm usually too hot hypoglycemic annoyed and just want out of there!! I dump it all on the belt ASAP!
    Hahaha I used to take my grandmother grocery shopping sometimes when she was older and didn't drive anymore.. She would get annoyed at the bagger when he put stuff in certain bags.. Saying stuff like.. No no ! That goes in the downstairs fridge.. That goes in the other pantry!! Like he's supposed to know she had an upstairs and a downstairs fridge .. Or 2 pantries ! Hahaha
    Good times:)

10. mrsmumbles

No, lol. I would always use the separator and place things on the belt only as fast as they could be rung up. What's the right way to do it? I'm relatively considerate. No excuse for putting a vulnerable duo of twinkies in with a heavy soda bottle or ice cream package.

11. Divergent

Divergent Well-Known Member

Newspaper service :p