• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What ways would you make your phone feel new?

Now, I'm on a LG V20. Pretty decent phone, but with the phone not getting security updates, or really any update I wanted to know what I could do, to make this phone feel new again. I don't want to shell out the stupid amount of money for a new phone for more features. Now, I already use Nova Launcher. I'd want to use LOS, but it hasn't been updated in some time so security issues and there is a speakerphone bug which is really annyoing . Most stock ROMs are also discontinued. If you had Magisk, Xposed and other root related tools, what would you tool. Feel free to use these ideas to freshen up your old phone if you want also.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also use Nova Launcher :)
I frequently change the wallpaper. I also change the icons now and then and perhaps the font.
Also, I use substratum and look for themes to install with it.
Makes my phone look entirely different when I do such things :)

Unfortunately I cannot root my device but nowadays, I'm not even sure I would root if I could based upon all the above mentioned ways to change the look/feel of your device. :)

Upvote 0
I also use Nova Launcher :)
I frequently change the wallpaper. I also change the icons now and then and perhaps the font.
Also, I use substratum and look for themes to install with it.
Makes my phone look entirely different when I do such things :)

Nice! :thumbsupdroid: This^ is the same thing I do with the addition of the Magisk module "Viper4Android". It makes Spotify sound amazing over Blue Tooth or plugged in.

Sound is often overlooked, but it can add to the overall experience.

Upvote 0
I've got several old phones sat in the cupboard here, Samsung Galaxy S7, Apple iPhone 6, Oppo Find 7 and Oppo R9. All out of manufacturer support and updates. I suppose new batteries, factory resets, maybe giving them a clean and polish would make them feel like new again. But quite frankly I wouldn't really want to use them again as my daily use phone

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones