• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What we know about the 2.1 update for the Moment

how come droid eris 2.1 leaked update didn't come with some of those features like live wallpapers and and 3d gallery?

:mad::thinking:

also do you guys know when the official 2.1 update for the eris and/or hero will come?

Because the eris gets held back by its hardware look at the specs between the Motorola Droid and the Samsung Moment and the HTC droid eris the eris is no where in the ball park and do you really care about eye candy that will drain the battery i txt during school and dont run any apps and by 7th period im down to 49% battery and i get 3 bars all day and this is with 3g turned off

Ohh and the HTC Droid Eris is supposedly supposed to get the update sometime this week according to Frisco on the Eris 2x when Thread

Upvote 0
I can think of 3 at this time:

AT&T, Verizon, TMobile, etc.

Cell phone companies are pretty much the same nowadays except Sprint still has deplorable customer service.

Thanks man I needed a good laugh.seriously. because everyone knows vzw tmo and att push out updates faster than sprint :rolleyes:

And sprints cs is pretty darn good. Little to no wait times, friendly staff, what more do you want?

It just seems to me you want to complain, and have the grass is greener on the other side complex.

Upvote 0
Date:April 6,2010
Subject: Android 2.1 confirmation

It is confirmed at this time that the release of Android 2.1 will be at the time in which Sprint/Samsung releases it.

Projected release date at this time is something something 2010......
possibly

With this much anticipated release we can expect many improvements. And with that said, we can also expect many disappointments.
It is also expected with this release that people will start expecting a new update to this version bringing a never ending cycle of rumors, complaints and speculation.

Upvote 0
Thanks man I needed a good laugh.seriously. because everyone knows vzw tmo and att push out updates faster than sprint :rolleyes:

And sprints cs is pretty darn good. Little to no wait times, friendly staff, what more do you want?

It just seems to me you want to complain, and have the grass is greener on the other side complex.

Wow, a ****** and an imbecile all rolled into one.

Your mom must be proud!

Take a hike troll.

Upvote 0
Like I said, they are all pretty much the same, but if you knew how to spell "through", you might be taken seriously.

Have a nice day!

What does spelling have to do with his personal experience?

Perhaps people would take you more seriously if you presented some facts rather than posting unbacked, untrue information. :rolleyes:

And yes, with 1500+ posts, 43+ thanks, and my own faq, I am clearly a troll.

/sarcasm

Upvote 0
What does spelling have to do with his personal experience?

Perhaps people would take you more seriously if you presented some facts rather than posting unbacked, untrue information. :rolleyes:

And yes, with 1500+ posts, 43+ thanks, and my own faq, I am clearly a troll.

/sarcasm

I have seen a lot of douche bags with many posts. You obviously cannot see past your fanboyism. It is well documented that Sprint has had the worst customer service for years. Pull your head out and you might see that. Until then, respect an opinion and move on instead of speaking for every Sprint customer.

Upvote 0
I have seen a lot of douche bags with many posts. You obviously cannot see past your fanboyism. It is well documented that Sprint has had the worst customer service for years. Pull your head out and you might see that. Until then, respect an opinion and move on instead of speaking for every Sprint customer.

I try to keep up on the various forums but rarely post. With that said...

I've been with Sprint for 10 years, ATT before that. I have to say that my experiences with Sprint, especially of late, have been relativelygood. CS is a difficult position to fill in any company since you have to deal with the wide variety of attitudes (as displayed in this post or most forums) but I see a difference.

And BS you really don't have to be such a jerk. Iowa has been a productive member of the forum.

Upvote 0

Why must you attack everyone that has a different opinion? As far as I'm concerned, all of them have bad customer service.

Hell, google '[insert company] worst customer service' and you'll see thousands of horror stories from any of them.

Years ago Sprint earned a reputation for being the worst of the worst but these days they are coming around and are not as bad as they were.

Stop being a jackarse and throwing insults are people it just makes you look stupid.

Upvote 0
Why must you attack everyone that has a different opinion? As far as I'm concerned, all of them have bad customer service.

Hell, google '[insert company] worst customer service' and you'll see thousands of horror stories from any of them.

Years ago Sprint earned a reputation for being the worst of the worst but these days they are coming around and are not as bad as they were.

Stop being a jackarse and throwing insults are people it just makes you look stupid.
I applaud thee....

These forums are for information purposes, not bashing people.... Sheesh.

Upvote 0
Wow, a ****** and an imbecile all rolled into one.

Your mom must be proud!

Take a hike troll.

to me your more of a troll. :rolleyes:

iowa responded to your post with a sarcastic comment and you blew up and responded with insults???

@bostonshaker before you go into a sprint phone forum and bash sprint it would be wise to actually back up your statements with facts. sorry, but only your personal opinion won't cut it.

Upvote 0

As someone previously mentioned, every company in existence has "well documented" issues regarding bad cs. So your point is utterly useless.

Also, I disagreed when you posted the other carriers put out updates faster than sprint. I challenged that comment, and you call me a douche bag for posting my "opinion" and your the almighty super mr. Right because you say so with no shred of proof guy.

Irony anyone?

And come to think of it, who's the troll...

Me.. helping people when I can and posting my latest finding to share for discusion.

Or you... posting "sprint sucks blah blah" with no verifiable or even tangible shred of evidence other than "you say so, so it must be"

Thank you to everyone who came to my side on this matter.

Now let's get back onto topic. Anyone know of any leaked 2.1 builds for the moment so we cab get it to our friends at sdx?

Upvote 0
Wow, this turned in to a pissing match over which carrier is best already? Nice!!!

Sprint
I left Verizon because Sprint gave me $1000 to do it... GOOD SERVICE... I'm saving $150 a month on Sprint over my old VZW plan - and get more functions... GOOD SERVICE... They did my contract, shipped my phones and ported my numbers without having to go to a store... GOOD SERVICE...

As a wireless cronie, I was extremely nervous given Sprint's financial situation, poor ratings and the overall piss poor ratings that people give the coverage. I have to say that I have been pleasantly surprised by the coverage, the service and the hardware selections.

Verizon Wireless
Was with them for 7 years - beta tested hardware, got free/discounted devices constantly from them, always had great service both instore and over the phone. Can't knock them too much at all, Sprint was just too cheap not to try.

AT&T Wireless
Was with AT&T prior to the Cingular merger as an account rep and tester. They never cared about making people happy, just keeping them quiet. It was my first experience in beta testing cellphones and it was a great time.
When I went back to them at the beginning of this year to shop plans, they didn't give a darn about my small little business and just tried to shove an iPhone up my butt and kick me out the door.

T-Mobile
The absolute worse service/customer service in the area (Seattle). My wife was with them 3+ years ago and had issues with network lag, dropped calls, missing text messages, etc... They finally admitted that the coverage in her area sucked (Bellevue - where they are freakin BASED!!!) and they let her "BUY OUT" her contract by paying the ETF! Never again - HD2 and all - NEVER AGAIN!

And yes, back to the original topic - it's in internal testing now, still due with an approximate street date of April 23...

Upvote 0
Wow, this turned in to a pissing match over which carrier is best already? Nice!!!

Sprint
I left Verizon because Sprint gave me $1000 to do it... GOOD SERVICE... I'm saving $150 a month on Sprint over my old VZW plan - and get more functions... GOOD SERVICE... They did my contract, shipped my phones and ported my numbers without having to go to a store... GOOD SERVICE...

As a wireless cronie, I was extremely nervous given Sprint's financial situation, poor ratings and the overall piss poor ratings that people give the coverage. I have to say that I have been pleasantly surprised by the coverage, the service and the hardware selections.

Verizon Wireless
Was with them for 7 years - beta tested hardware, got free/discounted devices constantly from them, always had great service both instore and over the phone. Can't knock them too much at all, Sprint was just too cheap not to try.

AT&T Wireless
Was with AT&T prior to the Cingular merger as an account rep and tester. They never cared about making people happy, just keeping them quiet. It was my first experience in beta testing cellphones and it was a great time.
When I went back to them at the beginning of this year to shop plans, they didn't give a darn about my small little business and just tried to shove an iPhone up my butt and kick me out the door.

T-Mobile
The absolute worse service/customer service in the area (Seattle). My wife was with them 3+ years ago and had issues with network lag, dropped calls, missing text messages, etc... They finally admitted that the coverage in her area sucked (Bellevue - where they are freakin BASED!!!) and they let her "BUY OUT" her contract by paying the ETF! Never again - HD2 and all - NEVER AGAIN!

And yes, back to the original topic - it's in internal testing now, still due with an approximate street date of April 23...

How do you get to be a beta tester.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones