1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support What went wrong?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wonder847, Aug 25, 2010.

1. wonder847

wonder847 New Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Dear All - I'm still getting the hang of my HTC Desire and took a couple of videos at the weekend. I did try to send it via gmail, but that didn't work, so thought I would just download it onto my pc. However, when I connected the phone to the pc, the video didn't transfer (although a couple of others did). I've now just checked my phone, and the video has vanished altogether (and I definitely didn't press delete!!). Is it lost in the ether somewhere, or will it be on my phone in a random location? Please help as it was a special video of my kids that I'd love to keep. Thanks all.

Advertisement

2. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Download some form of file recovery software from the internet, plug your phone into the computer, choose to mount it as a disk drive, and run the recovery software on it. Hopefully the video won't have been overwritten.

wonder847 likes this.
  3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    the SD card is FAT32 formatting. File allocation table. The way windows sees it, is it looks for a database entry in the FAT database to locate the file. When you delete a file, it removes the entry and changes the amount of free space but the file is still there until FAT creates a new entry and writes the file over it.

If the card is big and hasnt been used much since, the post above may well help.

There is also a folder on the sd card called LOST. may be worth looking there or running a search for all files with the file extension on the SD card.

wonder847 likes this.
Tags: