1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General What were you coming from?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LgOptimusM, Jul 26, 2012.

1. LgOptimusM

LgOptimusM Guest

What made you switch to this phone? What were you coming from (phone)? I came from the LG optimus m and I bought the admire because my LG got laggy, my fingers got big and the 2.2 screen wasn't cutting it and it just became old and I just wasn't liking it anymore. So what about you?

Advertisement

2. super squirrel

super squirrel Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Male
    Los Angeles, CA
    I came from a Kyocera Torino and switched to the Samsung Admire in November 2011. A much better improvement over the Torino and I plan to eventually upgrade to a higher-end Android.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] The Kyocera Torino

3. xFznX

xFznX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I always had good phone sitting around and just flashed them to other carriers or flash ROMs. Just always messed around with them while I used a Freeform 2. Finally decided that I had all these good phone and needed to upgrade. Solo I got the admire. :-D

4. Slickinator

Slickinator Well-Known Member

May 2, 2012
    Sacramento
    LG Imprint, to Freeform, to Freeform 3, to Blackberry Curve 8530, to Admire, and soon in the future, LG Esteem :D

5. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Male
    Motorola Clutch i465 from Boost Mobile, i guess with all the 3G and 4G the lower end connections began to lag and my i could barely text and call. after awhile of enduring the slowness finally upgraded to Metro Admire!! worth the upgrade except the calls do drop and sometimes i cant hear the other person, gets me into a lot of fights with my gf xDDD she thinks im lying about not being able to hear her

6. awesomeofsauce

Jan 10, 2012
    A human
    In your TV...
    Kyocera Melo¹, Kyocera Jax², Kyocera S4000¹, Kyocera Domino¹, Some random Moto tracfone, Samsung Messager III¹, then finally the SAMSUNG ADMIRE!!! The Admire is my first Droid :eek: Hoping to get a 4G phone soon ;)

7. Doja

Doja Member

Jul 25, 2012
    UPS
    Las Vegas, NV
    I came from the samsung freeform II. Wasn't the greatest phone but i've also had alot of problems with my admire recently. Gonna go for a 4g here soon

8. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2012
    I came from one of these beastly smart phones.... :p
    [​IMG]

I was on verizon wanted to upgrade to a android phone but didnt wanna have to sign another 2 year contract or give both my arms. I started around at diffrent carriers. Tell yea the truth I was not having much luck I was getting close to read to give up and just sign another contract.

Then my uncle switched to Metro and got a Admire phone. I played with his Admire a bit and felt it was the perfect solution to my problem.

No monthly contract
    Android Based Phone
    Didn't Cost my Arms

I went into it not expecting much but ended up with one of the best Phones I have ever owned. I am extremely pleased with it and the service.

alittle likes this.
  9. Toastrman

Toastrman Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Came from Samsung Messager 3 in December 2012

10. rottweilerjim

rottweilerjim Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Male
    You're kidding right?
    East Bay
    Had the Freeform II then metro dropped the price from $129 to $79. Loved downloading games & apps untill out of space. Introduced to rooting, removing bloatware and ads. tethering my laptop so I dropped my internet service and saved a bundle untill they blocked me. Now I have the lg motion 4g lte. And since it has preloaded 4g wifi mobile hotspot I still use my Admire on wifi while my motion is charging. And it's zippyer than ever.

11. kb0sdq

kb0sdq Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Male
    Disabled
    Oldsmar,Fl
    I had the Samsung Calibur then the admire came out so I got it.
    Now I have to S3