• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What will be the successor to the MOTO X?

No. No word at all.

My guess is that Motorola will have a successor next summer. I believe that Motorola made it pretty clear that there would no longer be one phone mere months after another so that people will not feel threatened about getting a new phone just to see it replaced months later.

Maybe we'll be seeing a tablet for CES?

Upvote 0
I would be really shocked if we see any news of the next X anytime soon. To be honest, the "real" roll out of this phone is just getting started. With it being on all carriers, national ads, cyber deals, holiday deals, etc. The phone is hitting its stride. To leak or let anything out about the next X would just be counter productive at the point. They should "leak" information when the sales on this phone flat line.

It seems they are going to roll out more backs for this phone. Now is really not the time to be thinking about the next X. Although, I have said from the start, we all love this phone now, but I really believe the next phone will be their real flagship device. This phone is just a test to build their brand.

Upvote 0
I would be really shocked if we see any news of the next X anytime soon. To be honest, the "real" roll out of this phone is just getting started. With it being on all carriers, national ads, cyber deals, holiday deals, etc. The phone is hitting its stride. To leak or let anything out about the next X would just be counter productive at the moment. They should "leak" information when the sales on this phone flat line.

It seems they are going to roll out more backs for this phone. Now is really not the time to be thinking about the next X. Although, I have said from the start, we all love this phone now, but I really believe the next phone will be their real flagship device. This phone is just a test to build their brand.

Agreed...

Upvote 0
rocking the Iphone5 sir. Wondering if Android/VZW will ever have another device i'd be willing to try.

Yeah I was thinking they probably learned a lot from this generation of the X, so i'm anxious to see what the next one has in store.

Second generation products are usually much more desirable then first generation. And the jump of technology is usually bigger then most of the product line. Look at the Galaxy sII. ipad 2, 2nd generation macbook airs. Yoga 2, Nexus 7 etc.

Upvote 0
rocking the Iphone5 sir. Wondering if Android/VZW will ever have another device i'd be willing to try.

Yeah I was thinking they probably learned a lot from this generation of the X, so i'm anxious to see what the next one has in store.

Lol...Same here pretty much- iPhone 5s as my daily driver and just picked up a Nexus 5 this Monday...However may be going back to a moto x because of the hissing in audio when recording video.

Upvote 0
yeah man I wish T Mo had better coverage in my home area because i could save 50$ a month and it would also allow a better selection of phones. I'm out of contract with VZW but i like to be able to use my phone.

Have you checked out the VZW "Loyalty Program" deal?

2GB of data + Unlimited Talk and Text for $60 a month @ Verizon (1yr contract required) for New and Current Customers 10-02-2013 - Slickdeals.net

If you use a ton of data it's not that great a deal but if you stay under 2gb, it's a good price to stick with Big Red's network.

Reactions: dmiller2007
Upvote 0
well i have the family plan with the wife and I. Also i already get 20% off my bill from my employer. So for VZW standards my bill is actually fairly cheap. 2 lines, 4gb of shared data unlimited talk/text for 165$ a month minus the 20 i pay for insurance on both phones that puts the service at 145$ which isn't bad. I could get unlimited everything for two lines at Turd Mobile for about 110.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones