• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What will be your next phone after the Desire??

Yeah, it certainly doesn't save me much, if any, money. It's just about increased flexibility really, and getting a phone that isn't network locked and loaded with cr@pware.

Yeah. But also if you want to upgrade early, you sort of spend more money as you are.mo longer depreciating the cost over 18 or 24 months, but 12

Upvote 0
Got my Desire when it was first released, love it, love it to bits, miles better than mine or my mates iphones, but..... took ownership of my desire HD at the weekend, ,,,stunning amazing, fast, clear, well made, my mate at work has a galaxy s, but is jealous of the DHD, bought my wife a desire z to replace her G1, that is also a fantastic phone, the build quality is superb,all other makes are plasticky, horrible., as for windows 7, tooooooo many short comings, no bluetooth, no removable storage, just apple but in another name, android is the only way to go and HTC have quality. as for 4G, we dont even have 3g in this country,( before you all start saying we do,,, we dont, its 2.75G), full 3G is a while away yet, so what is the point of 4G if it has no wavelength to use?.the unibody of the DHD gives the phone a feel of solidity while its size is not a problem, how many people use only one hand anyway?.

Upvote 0
Got my Desire when it was first released, love it, love it to bits, miles better than mine or my mates iphones, but..... took ownership of my desire HD at the weekend, ,,,stunning amazing, fast, clear, well made, my mate at work has a galaxy s, but is jealous of the DHD, bought my wife a desire z to replace her G1, that is also a fantastic phone, the build quality is superb,all other makes are plasticky, horrible., as for windows 7, tooooooo many short comings, no bluetooth, no removable storage, just apple but in another name, android is the only way to go and HTC have quality. as for 4G, we dont even have 3g in this country,( before you all start saying we do,,, we dont, its 2.75G), full 3G is a while away yet, so what is the point of 4G if it has no wavelength to use?.the unibody of the DHD gives the phone a feel of solidity while its size is not a problem, how many people use only one hand anyway?.

What country are you in? In the UK we're 3.5G, and I consider that behind the curve.

Upvote 0
i said that we have 2.75g in this country. ok my mistake, we have 3g, but coverage is not good, as for 3.5g(hsdpa)coverage is worse,and LTE (4g) is years away,
why by a 4g phone when it will be obsolete (style,cpu,screen,)by the time it works?.
Many phones flaunted now as 4g are not,they are 3.5 or 3.74g.
but as usual i'm sure someone will start to argue the toss about that,
never mind,my next phone after my desire was the other two desires, end of story.

Upvote 0
i said that we have 2.75g in this country. ok my mistake, we have 3g, but coverage is not good, as for 3.5g(hsdpa)coverage is worse,and LTE (4g) is years away,
why by a 4g phone when it will be obsolete (style,cpu,screen,)by the time it works?.
Many phones flaunted now as 4g are not,they are 3.5 or 3.74g.
but as usual i'm sure someone will start to argue the toss about that,
never mind,my next phone after my desire was the other two desires, end of story.

No, now you've clarified your argument, I agree.

Upvote 0
Mine doesn't run out till October but at the moment there's nothing around that really interests me. Desire Z is too similar to what I have the HD looks too big. Nexus S doesn't support SD cards and I have a 32GB one in my Desire. 'Downgrading' to 16GB doesn't interest me.

If there was something to interest me I'd like something with:
More internal memory so I don't run out of space for apps constantly.
Better speaker - using a San Fran whilst my Desire is away and the speaker is louder!
Still support for SD, no point in paying for storage that I already own.
Gapless playback for MP3 - May arrive in Honeycomb, who knows.

If nothing tickles my fancy then i'll probably just get a giffgaff sim for my Desire. No point in getting something when the Desire is pretty good anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones