1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support What will happen to my imported AMAZE when ICS is released?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GerryAttrick, Mar 14, 2012.

1. GerryAttrick

GerryAttrick Member

Jul 28, 2010
    I have an HTC Amaze that I imported. I believe it was originally bound for a Canadian carrier but it is unlocked and runs fine on my carrier Telecom NZ.

Telecom NZ have never offered this phone so I am wondering what will happen and whether I will get ICS for my phone. I thought the OTA update would come via the carrier but thats not going to happen in my case...unless like ET the Amaze phones home (to HTC ) for the update.

Am I correct and if so is there another way to get ICS for my phone - from HTC maybe?

Sorry if this sounds like a basic question but I have never had an update on any of my previous phones before so don't know what happens.

Advertisement

2. ChromeJob

ChromeJob Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2011
    I kill software
    Raleigh, NC
    I'm not certain, but I understand that unlocked phones will get over the air updates from HTC, and without waiting for a carrier to enable it.

Primevyl likes this.
  3. kach310

kach310 Member

Mar 18, 2012
    I was wondering whether HTC Amaze have a non 4G version like the Sensation. I got one non carrier branded and in its box 4G is not mentioned. I still have not received the ICS update though my EVO 3D already received the official update.

4. GerryAttrick

GerryAttrick Member

Jul 28, 2010
    I should have popped back with an update

This is now sorted.

On one of the many times I asked the phone to check for updates it told me there was one and updated itself - very smooth and phone works like a charm.

I suppose now we will have to do the run around waiting for jelly bean??:D

Tags: