• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What will you do now?

kumaga

Apr 8, 2013
As many of us know, this phone is pretty amazing, but as time goes by, there's more and newer options, most of you guys probably had this phone for a while and i assume most of us are on boost mobile, but my question is, what are you going to do after this? What phone are you going to plan to get, or will you hold onto this phone long after 2014?

Still happy with the S2 here. I have been tempted to try a used S3 (around $200 during promotion's like black Friday) on the boost site.
Later down the road when the S4 hits boost & I have spare cash I plan to upgrade. I figure like others here have said boost will get the S4 once the S5 is launched. So I have time to save :)

Upvote 0
Only issue I ever had was battery life, solved it with a rare extended battery from cellular outfitter. Was dying in 4 hours, now I get 8 to 10.
Really hope team hydra will fix 4g wimax/3gs issues cause id love to try villuminati rom. I plan on holding on to my sgs2 till sgs5 release.
2 phones behind usually=price drop. This being two phones behind when I bought it 6 months ago only cost me 180 bucks new.
Would have beeb 230 additional 50 off for leaving metro.

Even if i had to pay 230 to jump to s3 its a lot better than four hubdered.

When is s5 release January February even March?

This phone is fine so far for most things

Upvote 0
I love my boost sgs2 but I think I'm gonna switch to the s3 or one of the iPhones. Haven't made up my mind yet.

Switch to an I phone? Lmao your banned bud. Have you ever played with someone's I phone b4? They do nothing. You can't change much about them and the screens are tiny. That is a downgrade. Ive met people that had an I phone but now are on Android for years. But ive never met 1 person that left Android tried iphones and stuck with I phones

Upvote 0
As of now i will stay with the S2, which i have no choice as i am one of those who pay for tethering and sprint/boost only allows tethering with WiMax no LTE.

In honesty, i am tired of the poor service. When i came to boost i assumed it was the same signal foot print of Sprint but it isn't (not taking into account roaming on sprint). I am now looking at walmarts straight talk (t-mobile) but getting a SIM card (no phone) and then bring in a Nexus 5... The service is basically the same price but better service (i assume.......) and better phone (i assume.....)...although, i do like the amount of aftermarket software/OS that is available for the Sammy phones...my S2 is driving me crazy. At Disney now and at least twice this week i had a pressing need to see how far my S2 could skip across Bay Lake... :) I wonder how long it will be until we start seeing Motorola Google phones since Google bought Motorola... I never understood why Sprint does now allow you to bring in your own phone. When you have unlimited service how could you modify your phone to use more service then "unlimited"... Just seems like an old company using old business practices in a modern all you can eat and do as you wish world...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones