• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What will your next phone be?

Most of us love the incredible, but I'm hearing about newer and better things coming soon. That's the nature of the fast-moving smart phone industry. My question is: What will your next phone be?

I still have half a year until my yearly upgrade! There's no way I'm settling for whats out now or set to be release int he next couple months. I can't even imagine what will be out come May 2011.

besides the Incredible is still the best phone out there right now.

Upvote 0
If I had to buy a new phone today, it'd still be the Incredible, so I can't tell you what will be next.

In a perfect world, they'll release the Incredible 2 with (on top of the obvious improvements like faster CPU and more memory) a front facing camera, slightly larger screen, better battery life, and stronger build. Throw that on LTE and I'm in smartphone heaven.

Upvote 0
My next phone has not been announced. I won't be purchasing another phone until April 29th, 2011 at the earliest and April 29th, 2012 at the latest.

Quite frankily, I am going to avoid 4g as long as possible. Only on an unlimited 3g data plan will we get away with free tethering, unlimited downloading, etc..

When LTE comes out, it will be tiered.

I believe we are in a special moment in time right now.. caught the loop hole in the system. Verizon has caught on to us however. So enjoy the free tethering and what not while it lasts.

:)

Upvote 0
My next phone has not been announced. I won't be purchasing another phone until April 29th, 2011 at the earliest and April 29th, 2012 at the latest.

Quite frankily, I am going to avoid 4g as long as possible. Only on an unlimited 3g data plan will we get away with free tethering, unlimited downloading, etc..

When LTE comes out, it will be tiered.

I believe we are in a special moment in time right now.. caught the loop hole in the system. Verizon has caught on to us however. So enjoy the free tethering and what not while it lasts.

:)

Not a bad idea at all!!

Reactions: jamor
Upvote 0
I was thinking of checking out the Fascinate but so far haven't heard anything all that great outtside of the screen.

Honestly I need the fallowing on my next phone

-4-4.3inch screen
-HDMI Out
-A screen that is better in light SuperAmoled ?
-1gig ram
-either more then 8gigs Onboard or a dual microsd ports. I have a 32gb card but I know it will be jsut about full in a few months so I need more memory
-Better GPU
-Funtion to make it a remote would be nice as would a FFC

Upvote 0
I was thinking of checking out the Fascinate but so far haven't heard anything all that great outtside of the screen.

Honestly I need the fallowing on my next phone

-4-4.3inch screen

-HDMI Out
-A screen that is better in light SuperAmoled ?
-1gig ram

-either more then 8gigs Onboard or a dual microsd ports. I have a 32gb card but I know it will be jsut about full in a few months so I need more memory
-Better GPU
-Funtion to make it a remote would be nice as would a FFC

!!! :p what in the world are you storing on your phone

My next phone will be the LTE Inc I hope!

Upvote 0
Short answer: Who knows?

Longer answer: I will get the next best thing available after my upgrade date. I'm sure it will not even be in development for at least another year. I do know one thing though: If verizon does what it did to the Fascinate (i.e. Bing as default search engine! seriously?!!!) to other Android phones then I certainly will not be on Verizon for too long.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones