• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What wipes the internal sd?

markzombie82

Android Enthusiast
Feb 19, 2012
Hi guys I was wanting to flash a few ROMs and am a little worried I might wipe my SD. So what can I do to be sure I don't do that? I really don't want to loose stuff like backups and photos or the ROM I downloaded O_O. Its just that I never had a phone with an internal SD card. I'm not sure how it works on this phone yet. Advice please. :)

Im not sure what recovery you're using, but on TWRP if you choose to wipe something that you not supposed to, it will advise you not to do it.

Edit:

This is what i was told on another thread.

Just don't wipe internal memory or else you'll end up with no OS on the device and no rom to install. It's fixable, but not as easy as just simply not wiping internal memory. :p

Reactions: markzombie82
Upvote 0
Unlocking the bootloader will wipe everything.
Factory reset will not remove user files.
Flashing a new kernel should not.
Flashing a new rom might.

I was told by the ROM developer that it would not delete user files and then *poof* they were gone. Things don't always work the way they should which is why it's importnant to make nandroids and backup user data OFF the device.

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
Unlocking the bootloader will wipe everything.
Factory reset will not remove user files.
Flashing a new kernel should not.
Flashing a new rom might.

I was told by the ROM developer that it would not delete user files and then *poof* they were gone. Things don't always work the way they should which is why it's importnant to make nandroids and backup user data OFF the device.

That would blow I'm not looking to have to push a factory image because a bad md5

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones