1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What would you do for a EVO-3D?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by toad6386, May 27, 2011.

1. toad6386

toad6386 Android Enthusiast

As aggravation is increasing due to no release date, and the (now un-)locked bootloader issue, I figured we all could stand some creative release. As Since the tune of the old Klondike bar commercial is stuck in my head... What would YOU do for an EVO-3D? (If nothing else this thread would give us junkies another thread to check for info! :D) Oh, and follow your mother's advice: Just because your friends would jump off a bridge for an EVO-3D, it doesn't mean YOU have to! :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Jackietreehorn

Jackietreehorn Android Enthusiast

I'd uh...pay $199 with 2 year contract? Is that what you're looking for? :D

Djblue11 likes this.
  3. evotitans

evotitans Android Enthusiast

I'd take the day off

Casually walk to my Radio Shack behind my house on release day(Pre-ordered).

Pay rest of balance and program(They let me do it myself at that store). Then casually walk back home and enjoy some beastly 3D goodness.

Didnt I get that right???

4. toad6386

toad6386 Android Enthusiast

Good answer, but not quite what we're looking for. ;) Dave tell our contestant what he's won... Dave? Dave??? Oh, Dave's not here, man...

Maybe I need to explain more... I was thinking this would be the place for folks to express how far they'd go to get one RIGHT NOW, and have fun with it. You know, like the Klondike commercials. "I'd rassle with a 1000 lb polar bear for a Klondike bar" Only for us it would be like "I'd listen to in phone queue muzak for x hours," only funnier. Or at least it seemed like a good idea at the time...:eek:

5. Chancho1978

Chancho1978 Newbie

i would eat 3 pieces or kitty roca, without salt, maybe 4 depending on my appetite.

6. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

I would mail my DX back to Moto headquarters and say "I got something with an unlocked bootloader. You can have this POS back."

7. Jackietreehorn

They let you do it yourself, eh? I can't possibly imagine Best Buy letting me do that. That said, they're going to do it the way that *I* want, including not removing the plastic screen cover while activating. Until I decide if I want (which unfortunately, I'm so worried about scratching I will want) a screen protector, I'm not taking it off and letting them muck with it.

Doesn't help that when I got my Touch Pro, the Best Buy programming guy had the greasiest hands I'd ever seen. I didn't even touch the screen til I got home and cleaned it. It was just one huge layer of grease.

8. CarrieK

CarrieK Android Expert

I would eat a cicada. As crunchy and gross as they are (and we have the 13 year cycle ones out right now) I would do that if I were handed one of those phones immediately after.

9. evotitans

evotitans Android Enthusiast

I wouldnt go to Best Buy...and I know the lady at my Radio Shack...launched day for the Evo last year it was so busy when I got in(Got a lil preferred treatment) she handed over the box to me and told me to just go ahead and start doing the set-up.

I actually helped her troubleshoot some problems on other people's phones. A helping hand was much better than trusting phones in inexperienced hands.

Jackietreehorn likes this.
  10. Jackietreehorn

Ha, awesome. I'll have to look up where, but someone else here said they were able to get their Evo "activated" (and by that, I mean ESN in the system) at Best Buy without them ever powering up the handset, which allowed them to take it home and set it up themselves. I would love that...

11. marctronixx

moved to lounge section...

12. doron

doron Member

I would hit the red button that says "do not push button" from an early Family Guy episode that causes a short guy wearing a Gi to come out and kick you across the face.

13. mikedt

mikedt 你好

"What would YOU do for an EVO-3D?" Bit of an odd question isn't it? Should be, what can an EVO 3D do for ME?

After all it's a phone, a tool, a gadget. It's there to serve me, and not me to serve it. If you get what I mean.

ninja_reject likes this.
  14. ninja_reject

ninja_reject Android Enthusiast

Exactly 6 jumping jacks (I'm really not that into a 3d device, sorry!)

Gmash likes this.
  15. cb2000a

cb2000a Newbie

Switch to Sprint (which I plan to do anyways)