• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What would you do for a fingerprint free touchscreen?

Flyview

Lurker
Oct 26, 2010
I realize I'm a new member so I'm not sure if a true solution exists. Anti-fingerprint protective covers diminish clarity and they do not keep the screen 100% clear.

I think I've come up with a pretty cool way to keep fingerprints off a "naked" screen. Before I reveal it however, I need to gauge how important this even really is to enthusiasts like us.

Which brings me to the difficult question...would you put in a bit of daily effort / time / care to use your touchscreen without leaving any fingerprints?

Flaviu

Relax guys! I'm not a troll just someone who is more than happy with his new (used) milestone! I just came up with the idea after a few days of owning it, I didn't come here to "advertise." Sorry I'm not ready to say what it is just yet, possibly looking at a patent or something since I haven't found any other people doing it.

The "solution" involves an extra accessory (nothing to apply onto the phone or wipe with, I'll say that much) but by the looks of it most people wouldn't bother enough to have a truly fingerprint-free screen. I find wiping it takes a good while unless you do it every third time you touch your phone!

Upvote 0
I am no longer interested.
Booooo.

Agreed. If he's not going to tell us until he patents it, we're never going to hear what it is. A friend of mine is going through the patent process for a product, and it's $1,000 to pay someone to research patents to see if the product/idea has already been done, then another ~$2,000 to hire a patent attorney to get it all done. And it's also not a quick process. By the time he comes through with any info, the current crop of upper-tier smartphones will probably have holographic touch-free displays anyways. Unless he realizes it's too expensive to pursue a patent and just comes through with the idea.

Upvote 0
tell-me-when-its-over.jpg

Sums up my emotions.

Upvote 0
What would I do for a fingerprint free touchscreen?

Hell, probably give up my Klondike bar. Probably.

haha, MY Klondike bar is MINE!!! You can take my Klondike bar from my dead frozen fingers before I'd give it up!!! :p

I find my shirt doesn't clean the screen very well...it smears the smudge oil around a bit. I wear glasses, so I always have a microfibre on me. :)

I'd pay a couple of dollars if it's worth it :p no more than $5.

Upvote 0
When the screen is on, the fingerprints don't even show up. If they do, 3 second wipe on my tshirt and they're gone.

I honestly don't understand why people feel the need to carry cloths and bottles of special cleanser. Any fabric, a tshirt for example, will easily clean the fingerprints off.

Agreed. Wiping the screen on my t-shirt is usually enough to get the screen clean. If it's really mucked up I'll just use breath to fog it up, then wipe. Problem solved.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones