• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What would you do?

tenyc424

Jul 17, 2011
Hey guys,

I know this may be off topic but I really need some advice. After much consideration I pulled the trigger and got the photon on the sprint website. I didn't realize best buy was offering it for $99.00 My phone is coming next week. I know that sprint is raising the ETF after Sept 9th. Should I just keep the phone and call it a wash with the ETF at 200 or should I return it? Any advice would be appreciated.

If it were me, I'd cancel the order or return the phone to Sprint and cancel the upgrade to get my upgrade back.

Then I'd run to Best Buy and get my MoPho there.

Hurry though. Best Buy is changing prices soon from what they told me.

The lovely thing about getting your phone at Best Buy is that you won't have to mail in a rebate and wait 6 to 10 weeks to get a check for your upgrade discount. You get it instantly and it's reflected in the price you pay in store.

I have to say that Sprint Stores could learn something from Best Buy.

Upvote 0
If it were me, I'd cancel the order or return the phone to Sprint and cancel the upgrade to get my upgrade back.

The lovely thing about getting your phone at Best Buy is that you won't have to mail in a rebate and wait 6 to 10 weeks to get a check for your upgrade discount. You get it instantly and it's reflected in the price you pay in store.

That sounds like a good idea hope bestbuy keeps those prices.

Upvote 0

+1

Upvote 0
You have 30 days to return the phone. I just went through the same thing, I bought the phone at Sprint for $199 (using my Gold Premiere upgrade), then returned it (got my upgrade back, I thought I was going to get the GSII), but decided to stick with the photon. I then went and got it at best buy for $99, and they bought my Epic for $118, so essentially I got paid $19 to upgrade.

Reactions: simcha
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones