1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

"What would you like to do?"... Ahhhhhh!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by deljones, Aug 15, 2012.

1. deljones

deljones Lurker

Hi all...

Can someone please help me?

How on earth do I turn OFF the "What do you want to do?" in the voice activation app?

It's set to go off with that annoying question when I double click the home button. Sometimes it just goes off when I press the home button, maybe there is a dodgy connection in the home button that looks to the app like a double hit; I dont know and dont really care. I just want to switch it off. I dont use it, ever, and now I never will as the sentence and voice has left a deep loathing in me now for the app.

I have looked every where to see how to disable it, uninstall it, kill it whatever. I have been to several meetings and it goes off when looking at docs/email in the meetings. Even when the phone is on mute it goes off....

I'm pleading, begging, I'll do anything if someone, somewhere, some saint can point me in the right direction to get this dam annoyance of software disabled or silenced. Please. Anyone.....

Many thanks

Derek

The phone is a non rooted phone, just a plain vanilla Galaxy S2

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Leevis

Leevis Well-Known Member

does my head in too.
    there is a way to do something to the double press but not too sure where is resides in ICS

3. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

menu>settings>language and input>text to speech output
    untick Driving Mode

4. deljones

deljones Lurker

Thanks for the tip... I was panting as I went through the menues as described but sadly driving mode was already unchecked.... Hells fire!!!....

D

5. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

In which case,
    Settings, motion, uncheck double tap

OR
    if you are rooted, you can freeze "Voice Command" in Titanium Backup

OR
    Download and Install the Go Launcher App
    Access The App Drawer and Press the icon of the Voice Talk App for few seconds
    A small red ‘X’ icon appears next to the app icon, Click on it
    You will be directed to the Uninstall Page , Press OK.

6. Njd4

Njd4 Member

...Or just install 'uninstaller' by rhythm software.. that's how I uninstalled it on my unrooted s2 without having to install third party launcher.

Used it for years..

Fantastic uninstaller!

:p

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews