• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What you guys think of the new iphone commercial?

moneymaker

Nov 25, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efBYxweIngs

I love my droid but ill admit this is pretty funny, and in reality theres nothing us verizon folks can say about it lol. The only way we can use the phone and the internet is if we're on WIFI, because they're on GSM and we're on CDMA. But the commerical states "can your phone do that on your NETWORK?" i guess the anwser is NO lol, so what do you guys and gals think we as verizon fans should come back with on the next commerical? This should be a interesting topic, but they got us on this one fellas....dang it!

did anyone see the verizon commercial during the game today, holt shit it was funny. some guy on zerizon sit in front of the tv with his phone and a huge map pops up and blocks the tv with all the red 3g coverage. everyone tells him to get outa the way and then an att user pulls his phone out and there map pops up and everyone can see the tv through the spotty 3g coverage lol.

Upvote 0
So this is the only thing that they can hang their hat on? How about the crappy phone quality while you are using the phone.

I was doing just fine talking to my brother last night on my Droid while in the car. We were going over Christmas lists, he was texting me information while talking. Sure, I had to wait for the pictures to laod. Guess I should not be driving, talking on the phone, and surfing the web at the same time.

The iPhone commercials are fine, but the Mac commercials are starting to look a little monotonous. The Apple image has been lighter, and less passive aggressive than what the current advertising campaign. Am I worried? No. An equally-priced PC can run circles around Macs anytime, and you are not limited in what peripherals or software you can use.

Upvote 0
did anyone see the verizon commercial during the game today, holt shit it was funny. some guy on zerizon sit in front of the tv with his phone and a huge map pops up and blocks the tv with all the red 3g coverage. everyone tells him to get outa the way and then an att user pulls his phone out and there map pops up and everyone can see the tv through the spotty 3g coverage lol.

The misfit toys commercial is even better.

Upvote 0
While I think it's a cool feature (unfortunately, it's not just VZW. It is a limitation of CDMA) I honestly have never needed this function (even when in a corporate sales position that I am no longer at (thank god)...

The Apple commercials are much better than the ATT commercials, but still lagging far behind the VZW commercials (both Droid and 3G). Especially ATT, they really need to hire a new PR/Marketing firm, but I hope they don't...Heh...

Upvote 0
Why does everyone feel the need to defend one carrier or berate another. These AT&T and Verizon commercials are nothing but a win for us, the consumer. All it does is let everything out of the bag.

Verizon should update their network to allow data and voice together, and AT&T needs to upgrade their network to have better 3g coverage.

Don't feel like you need to say "oh, I don't even use that" or "I can do that with wifi just fine." If we acknowledge the downsides of both, then it just promotes them changing their networks to make them better!

Upvote 0
haha so my brother must have seen this commercial this morning. he left me a message and said so I am leaving you a message while I am surfing the web, can your droid do that? no it can't haha oh snaps. I replied back with well little brother yes it can via wifi. oh snaps! and who doesn't have wifi these days? and then I said today I used google maps navi, trapster and pandora all at the same time on a road trip, can your iphone do that? no it can's oh snaps. DROID FTW! and for the record I have never needed voice/data at the same time and anyways LTE will have that capability. And to be more accurate the add should be like "say your on a call and your buddy asks did you get my email you can say hello? hello? can you hear me" -dropped call-" ha!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones