1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General What's a fair price for two Dincs together?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by medwa, May 30, 2011.

1. medwa

medwa Well-Known Member
    None

My wife is due for an upgrade and once she upgrades, I'm planning to sell both of our Dincs as a package and pay retail for an upgrade for myself.

I looked at some prices online but they're pretty much all over the board. I'm wondering what yall would recommended I sell them for?

One of them is rooted and the other is stock. Both are Amoled. Also, the camera flash LEDs on the rooted phone no longer work, which I'm sure will bring the value down some. I still have the original packaging for both of them, along with the original car and wall chargers, and a case for each (glossy silicone). Also ill probably throw in a pack of screen protectors.

Both phones are in great condition (minus the LEDs on the one). The only defects are minor marks on the outside edges from the cases. The screens have been protected since day one.

I was thinking around $400 for the package. Does that seem like a fair price to you guys? If not, what do you recommend?

Advertisement

2. Bman123

Bman123 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 27, 2011
    I've seen them for as low as $125 lately

3. kenn

kenn Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 26, 2010
    In my area, $150 for a good condition unit was the going price a month or two ago. You may get a little more for the one with a working LED, but that's a pretty big defect as it renders the camera useless in low light. 400 is way too steep for the pair given the flaw.

4. Bman123

Bman123 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 27, 2011
    Is say $250 would be a good price now

5. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 25, 2010
    ill offer you 125 now for one of them.... my gf needs a phone. PM me if interested and will transact through paypal

6. medwa

medwa Well-Known Member
    None

I hate to let them both go for $250 being the incredible (pun intended lol) phones that they are. Seems like I'm on the losing end of that bargain. But I guess with the bad LEDs I shouldn't kid myself.

7. sweeds

sweeds Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    5 dolla, make me holla.

If you look at the completed listings on eBay in the last day:

HTC Incredible with bad ESN (can't even be activated on Verizon until fixed): $125
    HTC Incredible Verizon Black Cell Phone Good: $163.99
    HTC Incredible Verizon Black Cell Excellent Condition: $221.99

I think if you sell as double package, people are going to try and get them at a cheaper price. That's what I would expect. Buy two, get a cheaper price - these aren't collectors items, they're cellphones.

I think you should get more than $150 for each. Good luck:cool:

8. ericDylan

ericDylan Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 14, 2009
    Full-time Student
    Atlanta, GA
    +1
    have you thought about selling them separately? It would be a little more hassle, but I think it would be worth the extra money you could potentially make. Especially if you intend to use the money to buy a new unsubsidized phone.

9. JoeSchmoe007

JoeSchmoe007 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    You are limiting your options significantly by trying to sell as a pair, especially that one has broken flash.

10. medwa

medwa Well-Known Member
    None

Yeah I can sell them seperately. What do I need to do to prepare them for sale? Factory reset on both, and install a plain sense rom on the rooted phone? Anything else?

Would I get more for the rooted phone if I removed the Verizon bloatware before sale?

11. sweeds

sweeds Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 5, 2010
  12. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    In my opinion you would get more for a pre-rooted phone. But I would probably load up a rom like "liberation" or "virtuous" to give it the stock look, but all the bloatware will be removed already.

13. Anduiril

Anduiril Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    Male
    Electronics Technician
    Orlando, FL

To prepare them for sale you will want to do a factory reset, A to protect your indication and B whomever buys it is going to have to do that anyway for Market and other Google apps to work properly.
    As for anything else, I would leave the phones as is. Most of the people looking to buy these phones are probably looking to buy it to put on another network (I just paid $130 for mine to put on Metropcs in great condition) or they are looking for a cheap replacement because theirs is broke and they don't have insurance. You may also find someone looking for a spare parts phone who would be interested in the one with the bad LEDS.
    Personally I'm kinda interested in the one with the broken LEDs. Like I said earlier I bought mine to make it work on Metro, and when they "flash" it to put it into their network they break data, so you only get voice and text. With some trial and error I do have it fully functional now. I've been asked to write a tutorial on how to do it to help others in the future looking to do the same thing. Which is why I'm looking for a slightly broken one (I need to test some things that I think will be quicker and easier than what I did) and I'll have an emergency back up phone. PM me if you are interested ( I'm not going to offer something ridiculous like $50).
    I hope this posts helps you a little.

14. ACD168

ACD168 Android Expert
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    I'd sell the one that has the LED lens out for $120, and the regular one for $160

I as well wouldn't even mention root, that draws people away, S-ON and un-root them both.

15. ACD168

ACD168 Android Expert
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    considering what you have planned for it, even though I just said $120, I think $100 is a fair deal on both ends. The Incredible has a high res camera, 8MP I think? without the LEDs that is useless, and no flashlight.. people like their flashlite, so I think it's a good idea to sell it to a DEV or someone of the sort.

16. Anduiril

Anduiril Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    Male
    Electronics Technician
    Orlando, FL

That's about what I was thinking for price. The LEDS are one of the main reasons I got this one, but for what I want it for they aren't necessary. And rooted doesn't matter either.