• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what's a good case?

I personally prefer and use Case wise :
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FW1UABG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Screen Protector Wise : My wife's used this same brand on her tablet over a year ago, it's still on there and hasn't budged or scratched. Also one of the cleanest and easiest to install. Hands down 2 thumbs.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FG91MRU/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Together I spent with Shipping 9$. Might be around 14$ now cause I got them on sale. As far as cases go there isn't much out there that isn't fugly for Metro PCS. They are 25 cent molded pieces of rubber n plastic. How funny Metro wants 30$ for their similar holster case and 10$ for a single screen protector.

Upvote 0
One of the best cases I've bought and used for any of my phones. When nestled away snug in the holster it offers full 360 degree protection, nothing can penetrate through to the screen. I use the stylus it came with for quick memo and a bingo dauber when I play. It's a 3 part case, The holster, soft protective silicone rubber skin and a solid rubbery plastic outer shell.

The case on the phone itself has a rugged rigid hard corner protection, not like other cases that just offer side protection and soft jelly corners. Just on the phone case it has 10 protection points alone. Case is minimal, slim and light. When it's in the holster it's not heavy, bulky or cumbersome. The way the phone slides into the holster the side and corner protectors on the holster protect the power, quick launch and volume buttons from being hit accidently. It has a felt lining inside the holster to prevent screen scratches. Hands don't get sweaty holding the phone, the rubber breathes and grips your hand nicely. Also the phone is not loose in the holster at all, its snug and shows no signs or way of slipping out in any way other than me taking it out manually.

Both the holster and the phone have a 2 way adjustable kickstand for comfortable different angle viewing. The kickstand clips are designed and made with metal pins for extra durability and wear. No plastic pins or clips to break and my kickstand fall out of the case. Lil nipples on the clips for the kickstand lock it into place so you get a secure sturdy and stable kickstand. The holster has a strong durable metal clip used to lock it into position when using the kickstand on it.

I have intentionally dropped my phone on the hardwood floor, and have thrown my phone across the table or counter or such to test durability. It really is durable and rugged. I have not done a drop test on to concrete as of yet, why would I want to do that voluntarily? It is gorilla glass after all and this I assume will happen naturally in due time anyways. I do home repairs, renovations, building and construction, this case has kept up where others didn't. I went from having to stick my phone somewhere safe to avoid damage, to throwing it on my tool belt and going to work.

I give it 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. The missing half star goes to the belt clip on the holster when its adjusted to clip on sideways, the clip juts out about an inch above the edge of the case and can poke into your side. I clip it on vertically so this isn't an issue for me personally, just a small design flaw I feel.

myphonecase75p_zps5339dbba.jpg~original

Upvote 0
One of the best cases I've bought and used for any of my phones. When nestled away snug in the holster it offers full 360 degree protection, nothing can penetrate through to the screen. I use the stylus it came with for quick memo and a bingo dauber when I play. It's a 3 part case, The holster, soft protective silicone rubber skin and a solid rubbery plastic outer shell.

The case on the phone itself has a rugged rigid hard corner protection, not like other cases that just offer side protection and soft jelly corners. Just on the phone case it has 10 protection points alone. Case is minimal, slim and light. When it's in the holster it's not heavy, bulky or cumbersome. The way the phone slides into the holster the side and corner protectors on the holster protect the power, quick launch and volume buttons from being hit accidently. It has a felt lining inside the holster to prevent screen scratches. Hands don't get sweaty holding the phone, the rubber breathes and grips your hand nicely. Also the phone is not loose in the holster at all, its snug and shows no signs or way of slipping out in any way other than me taking it out manually.

Both the holster and the phone have a 2 way adjustable kickstand for comfortable different angle viewing. The kickstand clips are designed and made with metal pins for extra durability and wear. No plastic pins or clips to break and my kickstand fall out of the case. Lil nipples on the clips for the kickstand lock it into place so you get a secure sturdy and stable kickstand. The holster has a strong durable metal clip used to lock it into position when using the kickstand on it.

I have intentionally dropped my phone on the hardwood floor, and have thrown my phone across the table or counter or such to test durability. It really is durable and rugged. I have not done a drop test on to concrete as of yet, why would I want to do that voluntarily? It is gorilla glass after all and this I assume will happen naturally in due time anyways. I do home repairs, renovations, building and construction, this case has kept up where others didn't. I went from having to stick my phone somewhere safe to avoid damage, to throwing it on my tool belt and going to work.

I give it 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. The missing half star goes to the belt clip on the holster when its adjusted to clip on sideways, the clip juts out about an inch above the edge of the case and can poke into your side. I clip it on vertically so this isn't an issue for me personally, just a small design flaw I feel.

myphonecase75p_zps5339dbba.jpg~original

One question... Where did you get this case?

Upvote 0
Amazon, I ordered both of these, and spent 6$ roughly on each.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GK533Z8/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FW1UABG/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I definitely recommend this screen protector too, it's pretty damn awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FG91MRU/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had no issues putting it on, its peelable and reapplyable. Durable and tough. A necessary second skin for my F6.

Upvote 0
In that case I would rather recommend the best case for the device which I have been using since few months. I was searching for the same screen protector to prevent unwanted scratching and scruffs in my everyday life. So I happened to find an ideal one in the eBay store. I have a couple of options.

HARD RUBBER CASE COVER FOR LG Optimus F6 MS500 D500 and

LG Optimus F6 D500 Leather Flip Wallet Case Cover Stand.

found them in the Gearmaxx store and this works exceptionally well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones