1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support What's causing you battery drain?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Flyguy94, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Flyguy94

Flyguy94 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 1, 2010
    Helo Driver/Sanitation Engineer
    KSRQ
    I have read just about all the post's about the battery drain. I knew that this phone was going to eat up battery so I'm not surprised or disappointed in the phone. My question is what is using the most power. On mine it seems to be the display 87% based on settings < about phone < battery < battery use. Is everyone else seeing the same?

Advertisement

2. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Android Enthusiast
    None

May 3, 2010
    NoVA
    Up Time: 7:24

Awake Time: 2:27

Display: 46%

Cell Standby: 14%

Phone Idle: 12%

Android System: 6%

"Everything Else": All less than 5%

I'm down to 40% battery level after bump charging this morning.

EDIT: I should add that I have set Wi-Fi Sleep Policy to "Screen Off" and have not used my phone a lot today (no phone calls, no texts, no web browsing).

3. DrRed76

DrRed76 Newbie
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    After three days of use with games, use as a mobile hotspot, youtube, and a lot of customization tooling around i'm getting 10-12 hrs of battery life. It's 70% or more of each day's charge being taken by the display.

4. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Sales
    Massachusetts
    Display is destroying my battery as well. I have it set to 20% and it's still using 58% of my battery :eek:

5. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!!
    None

Jan 31, 2010
    Ohio
    Have you tried setting your WiFi sleep policy to "never"? I have found 4G to drain much more battery than WiFi. If you're policy turns off WiFi, then you revert back to 4G (if you're in a 4G area) and this could increase battery depletion...not decrease it.

Just a thought ;)

alamoe and mrjinglesusa like this.
  6. rogue_slc_vzw_rep

rogue_slc_vzw_rep Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    I've stopped the news and stock and have no sense social networking sending just Facebook every 4 hours and Twitter manually. 2 gmail accounts a hotmail account and the yahoo mail app running. Have been playing word with friends every hour or so, about 20 texts and about the same number of emails. Talked about 20 minutes on the phone and had a quick gchat. Some light web browsing and using the phandroid app a little. Sportstap updating a game every 15 minutes for a couple hours. Bump charged today and took it off the charger at 12 pm. Was in 3g for 2 hours after that and have been in 4G for the rest of the day at work and I'm at 50%. This is how I generally use my phone and an very pleased. If I was out away from a charger running errands or whatever I feel confident I could have more than enough battery by the end of the day.

WiFi off
    Bluetooth off
    Gps on

Geez I just noticed WiFi has been enabled since 12.. impressive