• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's comming to metropcs

The Samsung lightray exterior features will be exactly like the Droid charge. 4.3 screen super AMOLED, 8MP camera with 1.3 front face. The droid charge for verizon came in with a 2.2 OS with a 1GHz processor with 2GB internal storage, and 512 MB of RAM and ROM. Now what I'm looking at is the "lightray" or as some called it "admire 4G" will come with 2.3 Gingerbread OS with a chance of OTA update and it will carry a 1GHz processor. If they managed to make this a dual-core, then it's definitely something to look forward in buying. But think of this, for the price of this phone and the longevity of the model, for now I'd rather wait for the S3 as it will have all the latest features including a 4.8" screen with ICS that we're all dying for plus the fact that the S3 is the first phone of the latest release that Metro is getting their hands right after the "bigger guys". I'm expecting the S3 to be at least $399 considering the Indulge was $399 (which was lame). Plus it's the Esteem's next REAL competition. :thumbup:

Upvote 0
Do you know if the lightray will have a 3.5 display or the rumored 4.3

It will have a 4.5" super amoled lcd screen

1.2ghz cpu (dual core info, not sure waiting on more info)

1g of ram possible upgrade (to be determined)

8mp camera rear / 1.3mp camera front

with dyle tv

S3 will be worth the wait, unless those wouldn't want to spend a lot on their device. The lightray is up there in price too. But still will be a great phone. Great replacement for the Esteem imo.

Upvote 0
I doubt it. But what are the devs getting? I want to get the phone Ldtifta is getting ;p

Actually the S3 will be close to what he is guessing..

customers wanted the better phones, metro listened and is supplying.

dev's will probably get the s3 or lightray. and if none of the new phones, they'll stick with what they have now, which I doubt that. :smokingsomb::D

Upvote 0
I doubt it. But what are the devs getting? I want to get the phone Ldtifta is getting ;p

going by the specs the motion will probably be around the same price as the attain, the lightray will be the same price as the esteem and if the s3 is kept in tact and isnt dumbed down expect to pay between $600 to $650.

Lg motion will be $149. just to give you an idea of the new phone cost :) not as bad as you would think!

Upvote 0
Hmm....so if it's $10 for 4G LTE hotspot on the $50 or $60 4G plan, how would that interrupt the flow of data speeds since the $50 plan is 2.5GB 4G speeds and $60 at 5GB 4G speeds?

Hotspot as of now will only be available on the 50/60 4Glte plans. Metro is going to make sure the hotspot feature isn't 'abused'.

If there is a heavy amount of users where using their device(s) for unlimited teethering, that would consume a mass amount of bandwith and in the end would have a bad experience for all by eatting up the bandwith and slowing down the 4G speeds.

Sad to hear but it does make a lot of sense.

Upvote 0
I doubt that the S3 would be dumbed down. I think Samsung is really gunning for that Apple-like idea of a "premium" handset. Look how they got the larger carriers to release the same phone (aside from a few differences in the cellular radios). I think that when the S3 comes to Metro it will be the same S3 we've seen to this point. Anyway there are all the other phones in the lower range of Samsung's line up to cover the watering down.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones