1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Whats everyone switching to after Incredible?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Makavetis, Oct 17, 2010.

1. adidas1124

adidas1124 Newbie

iPhone for me... I am over this whole Android thing... I'm on my 3rd Dinc and still want to murder it every day of my life. The iPhone just fits my work/personal life better...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert

Oh, you poor misguided bastard.

3. UHF3

UHF3 Well-Known Member

My upgrade is 14 months away. So, I think I'll wait for the Incredible III.

4. no2haven

no2haven Newbie

Something with an optical joystick...I've grown to be dependent on it now.

Its always sad when I'm on my iPad (won at work) trying to edit text and automatically try to swipe the non-existent joystick with my thumb. I absolutely detest the press/hold/drag-in-magnified-bubble cursor manipulation on the iPad...

5. 0837s

0837s Well-Known Member

I'm really interested in the HTC Desire HD. I JUST signed a 1 year contract with Verizon (again) to get back into an Incredible. If this phone comes out soon, I may be tempted to buy it outright and sell the Incredible, to get back to a phone similar to the Evo.

I had an Evo from Sprint, but their service wasn't cutting it, and an HTC Update that came over the phone a few days ago bricked it, and Sprint wouldn't give me a diff one because I wasn't at a service and repair center- will be at least a week before I get a working phone, so I ported out and went back to Verizon. I absolutely loved the EVO, but couldn't handle anymore Sprint.

Any idea when the Desire HD will be coming out, and to whom??

6. kyle1745

kyle1745 Well-Known Member

Nothing until it supports the next network, and a dual core. Still lovin the INC.

7. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Android Enthusiast

Yeah unless you break your phone or want a physical keyboard there is really no rush to get the next best phone. At this point, it's a matter of when LTE is released for smart phones, and whatever is out that fits your needs. By the time this rolls out, there will be a whole new line up, new competitors, stronger UI's. Don't make the mistake and belly flop on the coolest phone on the already chunky 3g network.

8. koalabear

koalabear Newbie

LTE and will wait til it comes pre-loaded with next iteration of OS - not gonna go through the "waiting for Froyo" thing again!

9. TheAlmightyDrew

TheAlmightyDrew Android Enthusiast

I am actually thinking of making the switch to the Droid X. Call quality on my Incredible has been pissing me off lately.

10. Terabethia

Terabethia Android Expert

Except that there will always be a "next Froyo", so if you wait for that you'll be waiting forever.

Technically, right now we are all sitting around waiting for Honeycomb (or Gingerbread unless the reports are correct and that's really just Froyo for tablets).

11. AndroidRider

AndroidRider Well-Known Member

Shouldn't it be gingerbread? They're going in alphabetical order.. I'm waiting for Ice Cream! Ha! lol

12. WBMc36

WBMc36 Android Enthusiast

What ever Android phone HTC comes out with. The new sense looks great and I can't get enough of since and the incredible. Hopefully HTC will improve on issues with this phone, I might even switch back to a phone with a full keyboard but not if it is a Motorola. Although I havent tried the droid 2 yet

13. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Android Expert

How dare you insinuate that there is a better way to do something than how Apple implements it! :eek:

Actually, I find myself doing the same thing on the rare occasions I use my iPod Touch for something other than playing videos at the gym. I want to throw the freaking thing across the room. Check that. I do throw the freaking thing across the room.

Same applies when I try to hit the "Back" button that doesn't exist on the iPod.

14. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

im currently switching back and forth from my fascinate and incredible now anyways, and unless verizon gets the desire hd ill be keeping both for awhile. If it does get the hd, ill probably sell my incredible and a few other things and go for that to pair up with my sf

15. BetaMan

BetaMan Android Enthusiast

Still see nothing out there that compares to the Inc. It has been hands down, the best phone I've ever had. Anything else would be a downgrade right now. HTC is still advertising the Inc constantly!

iPhone? Not for me. I was potty trained years ago. Don't need any toys for tots anymore. I'm all grown up now.

hookem, euph_22 and Terabethia like this.
  16. DevHead

DevHead Well-Known Member

Moto Razr.

17. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Android Enthusiast

Droid Incredible 2.
    you know it'll happen. :D

18. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Android Enthusiast

Moto Razr is so old news. Startac for me, and nothing else will ever beat the shortcut buttons on the left side of the Startac.... and YOU KNOW what I'm talking about if you ever used this phone.

19. serinety

serinety Newbie

I lol'd my coffe all over my screen.

Was thinking about waiting for the next HTC. I have been extremely impressed with HTC and I would be willing to bet that they come out with a sort of Incredible 2 since the DINC was so popular.

Even now the DINC is one of the only phones with an 8MP camera. the snapdragon is fast as F**k. A buddy of mine got a Samsung captivate and, while its cool, Its no DINC.

So it think ill wait till the next "OMG I have to have that" because right now there isnt much out there that qualifies as an "upgrade", they are almost all sidegrades, or in some cases downgrades. (like the I phone, lolol)

20. hookem

hookem Android Enthusiast

With you on that! As long as they keep the optical joystick...

21. WBMc36

WBMc36 Android Enthusiast

whats this love for the optical joystick that i have been seeing? i hardly use the thing.

22. lrossnm

lrossnm Member

I love my Incredible with the exception of the call quality. It's not a signal problem but something that has still not been addressed.

It's starting to get to me.

23. Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth Well-Known Member

Do you do a lot of text editing?

24. AndroidRider

AndroidRider Well-Known Member

25. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Android Expert

Honestly, before 2.2 I didn't as much either. It is so much smoother now, and I use it so often, that when I use a device without it, it is badly missed. I didn't even realize how much I use it until I tried to edit text on my iPod Touch.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews