• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's everyone use for a case/sleeve?

I'm using this leather case :

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005IUVCE0/ref=wms_ohs_product

It fits well and allows access to all the ports. The openings for the camera and sensors are perfectly aligned, which can often be an issue according to the many reviews I read on other cases for the A500. It makes the tablet look rather like a leather bound book. :) The cover is held closed by pair of small magnets embedded in the cover corners. They have just the right amount of holding power.

Upvote 0
I never updated the thread. I did get the one I linked in my first post but was never terribly excited with it. It worked, but i was hoping for something that stayed on the device. I ended up with the Targus Truss Case/Stand for Acer Iconia? 10.1? | THZ080US and LOVE it. I did have some issues with stitching but Targus resolved that quickly with a replacement.

Upvote 0
My advice to those still looking is:

Folio/Case vs. Sleeve
Get the folio or 'case', preferably leather.
You will find that when you need to get to tablet quickly to work you don't want to unzip and deal with taking it out of something.
Just flop open the case and off you go.
This also keeps lazy people from hurting the tablet.
If the thing is always contained but accessible, it's more likely it will stay protected.

Case border
There are some cases that put material on top of the frame of your tablet.
I do not find these that attractive.
The best ones are leather and have small C-shaped clips or hooks that grab the edges of your tablet and hold it snug.
This allows the full glass surface of tablet to be exposed making finger gestures easier, as there is no edge to bump up against

Leather
You are gonna hold this thing a lot, possibly all day.
Leather just feels good to the touch and smells nice.
I'm ok with plastic on most stuff but for some reason really like the feel of this leather.

The one I got this one
Amazon.com: Acase(TM) Acer Iconia Tab A500 A501 High Quality Premium Slim Leather Case Folio with built-in Stand for Acer Iconia Tab A500 A501 10.1-Inch Android Tablet Wi-Fi / 3G 4G (Black): Electronics

Reactions: nieltab
Upvote 0
My advice to those still looking is:

Folio/Case vs. Sleeve
Get the folio or 'case', preferably leather.
You will find that when you need to get to tablet quickly to work you don't want to unzip and deal with taking it out of something.
Just flop open the case and off you go.
This also keeps lazy people from hurting the tablet.
If the thing is always contained but accessible, it's more likely it will stay protected.

Case border
There are some cases that put material on top of the frame of your tablet.
I do not find these that attractive.
The best ones are leather and have small C-shaped clips or hooks that grab the edges of your tablet and hold it snug.
This allows the full glass surface of tablet to be exposed making finger gestures easier, as there is no edge to bump up against

Leather
You are gonna hold this thing a lot, possibly all day.
Leather just feels good to the touch and smells nice.
I'm ok with plastic on most stuff but for some reason really like the feel of this leather.

The one I got this one
Amazon.com: Acase(TM) Acer Iconia Tab A500 A501 High Quality Premium Slim Leather Case Folio with built-in Stand for Acer Iconia Tab A500 A501 10.1-Inch Android Tablet Wi-Fi / 3G 4G (Black): Electronics

this is the one i have and its the best very nice quality and easy to use my tab with it on

Upvote 0
Hello,

I bought an "Otter Box" about a year ago and it is still standing strong! It is by far the best case I have had for any portable device of mine. They are quite spendy ranging from $40-60 but they are well worth the money spent. Shock proof, dust proof, scratch proof, and some even waterproof!

Hope this helps in your decision making!

Steven

Upvote 0
I bought this case from Ebay. It has a leather case with clips to hold the tablet and it seems to grip it nicely but the tablet can still be removed quickly if you prefer to use it without the case as the top clip is spring loaded. The included USB keyboard turns the tablet into a laptop with the kickstand to hold the tablet as if it were a laptop screen. With the addition of a USB hub you could add a mouse too. The only downside I have seen so far is the lack of a clip on the side to keep the tablet from sliding endways. Custom Design Leather Case Keyboard For 10.1 Acer Iconia Tab A500/A501 Tablet | eBay

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones