• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's for dinner ?

I'm cooking this week in the run up to Christmas... and so I'm looking around for quick easy meals (note to relatives.. MrsPsionandy is still doing Christmas day, so there's no need to pretend you've won a last minute cruise to the Nordic Fjords)

Might give this ago, if i can find the spare wok we got for a wedding present.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Country style pork ribs roasted in apple cider in a dutch oven that will be served over a bed of white rice.
IMG_20181222_150224299.jpg

Upvote 0
Yesterday I smoked three flank steaks. We at one last night with potato chunks. Tonight I cut one of the steaks into thin strips and warmed it up in a skillet with sliced onions and bell peppers. I added part of a jar of Tsang stir fry Szechuan Spicy Sauce to my pepper steak and served it over a bed of yellow rice. Tomorrow night I'll chunk up the remaining steak and warm it up with a couple of packages of frozen Asian vegetable medley and add some sweet and sour sauce. Again it will be served over rice. Quick and easy dinners :)

Upvote 0
I grilled out some burgers tonight. I wrapped some sliced onion and butter in foil and grilled them as well. Naturally I was forced to butter and toast the buns while I grilling. :) I bought and baked yet another brand of frozen french fries to top off the meal. Another brand that I'll not buy again. :( The burgers were great!

Upvote 0
I've been hungry for pork lo mein. We don't eat out anymore and the little Chinese take out place near me closed their doors shortly after Covid hit. So today was the day I was going to satisfy my lo mein craving. Loosely following the best looking google recipe I made a fair tasting first attempt. I wrote down the recipe with my tweaks to make the dish more to my liking next time.
I made scratch fried rice to go with the dish. It needed more garlic. :)
I'm not saying the meal was bad. It will be better next time.

Upvote 0
My mother and I made the family's Christmas lasagna, with just cottage cheese, eggs, cheese in the sauce, pork, noodles.
It brought some bad memories of eating it, duration of yesterday, we went on and on about how it was little trickles one by one,
we had that again tonight, we just made it, but we want the fridge to be slightly empty when we do get another fridge in it.
The meal was pretty great too second time around too.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones