1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root What's going on with my phones speed?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drumshark, May 31, 2011.

1. drumshark

drumshark Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    I've had my Evo 4g for probly 5 or 6 months, and its been getting slower and slower over time, and its getting to the point where i cant type as fast as im able to, because im waiting for the keyboard to catch up with what im typing. Anyone else having these issues?
    The only thing I can think that could be causing this for so long is all the tweaking ive been doing. Could having too many programs going on in the background cause this unending problem?
    Im rooted, running Koni's ELite II ROM, stock HTC #15 kernel (used to use netarchy's and overclocked, but had to do a system wipe when it crashed one, and it didnt make a big enough difference in speed for me to try again), but I am using widget locker, Launcher Pro plus, Smart Keyboard Pro, and desktop visualiser along with smart shortcuts. I use system panel to kill tasks only when absolutely necessary, and find that auto memory manager helps me out a little bit.

I hear about people running all sorts of crazy stuff on their phones, so i feel like all these going on at once shouldnt kill my speed, but for some reason, my phone is just slow. I've searched around, trying to find remedies, and nothing. Can someone please help me???

Advertisement

2. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert
    None

Nov 11, 2010
    Male
    East Tawas, MI
    I know you have system panel, but are you using a task killer? In some cases, using a task killer may help. If you *are* using a task killer, in some cases uninstalling it has proved helpful. What about moving dalvik cache to sd. Have you wiped cache and dalvik cache recently? What about moving your apps to sd? If all else fails it never hurts to do a full wipe and start from scratch, that usually takes care of problems.

3. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Mechanical Engineer for GE Nuclear
    NC
    +1 to wiping cache and dalvik on a regular basis. These are computers and need cleaned on occasion..

I actually wipe mine a couple times a week.

4. geewhiz

geewhiz Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 10, 2010
    bayou country
    I would only push apps and cache to the SD card if you aren't still using the class2 card that originally came with your evo. You might slow things down a bit if you do so. But im not speaking with first hand knowledge, i was gonna try that but having the class 2 changed my mind. I've read that up to a class6 is idle for your evo.

frenchy714 likes this.
  5. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert
    None

Nov 11, 2010
    Male
    East Tawas, MI
    Great point Gee.....!

6. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    +1 to wiping Dalvik cache and cache

Also, just doing normal cleaning of the phone should help, ie: clearing all unwanted text messages, clearing all call logs, using a cache cleaner on a regular basis ( I recommend Cache Cleaner NG, works great for me and you can also set a scheduled time for when you want cache cleaned;)) But wiping Dalvik cache and cache usually solves any slow downs

Tags: